• Advertisement

Tiny Pot Still

These are simple stills with no column. Doublers and puke boxes are allowed.

Tiny Pot Still

Postby sasquatch » Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 am

Was at an art exhibition on the weekend and someone had this tiny pot still on display. Looks to hold about a liter or two max.

tiny pot still.jpg

Just in case you want to do some distilling on your back packing hike.
sasquatch

Re: Tiny Pot Still

Postby dad300 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:18 pm

That looks to be beautifully made! wow...
dad300

Equipment type: CCVM any size...

Postby just sayin' » Wed May 11, 2016 3:42 pm

That a cute little rig! Nice!
I have thought for years about building a little table top rig that would distill one bottle of wine at the dinner table. Maybe it is time to dig out my sketches...
Over the years I have picked up several fondue alcohol burners to use as a heat source, I have never run across a Tangia alcohol back packing stove which was my original idea. Sorry, rambling again...
just sayin'

Postby Alchemist75 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:37 am

I'd get just a hair over 100 ml of product off a 1 liter rig with my normal washes lol. I'd probably sit there taking shots of cheap whisky waiting for this little puppy to turn out a couple more shots for me to slam. Novelty still, very cute.
I've been running glass stills for over 20 years now and have no shame in saying so.
Alchemist75

Equipment type: All glass equipment, highly modular borosilicate lab glass. Volumes and configurations vary including a copper packed passive reflux apparatus and a modular glass thumper set up.

Postby Kareltje » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:49 am

This indeed is a cute one!
A company in Germany sells small stills, ranging from 0.5 liter to 3 liter. In Germany, Austria and Switzerland home distilling is free for washes of resp. 0.5, 2 and 3 liters. So someone joked that you go to a party and everbody brings his own small still to run on the table. Like fondu or gourmet!
They have all kinds of models, even the Iberian ones.
But costly: starting about EUR 300.
Kareltje

Postby YeastPimp » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Gnomes... they certainly take great pride in their work! :D
YeastPimp

Equipment type: Starting over

Postby Alchemist75 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Kareltje wrote:This indeed is a cute one!
A company in Germany sells small stills, ranging from 0.5 liter to 3 liter. In Germany, Austria and Switzerland home distilling is free for washes of resp. 0.5, 2 and 3 liters. So someone joked that you go to a party and everbody brings his own small still to run on the table. Like fondu or gourmet!
They have all kinds of models, even the Iberian ones.
But costly: starting about EUR 300.

I've always loved doing fondue, I have a selection of smaller boilers to pic from and several condensers.......you just gave me an idea
I've been running glass stills for over 20 years now and have no shame in saying so.
Alchemist75

Equipment type: All glass equipment, highly modular borosilicate lab glass. Volumes and configurations vary including a copper packed passive reflux apparatus and a modular glass thumper set up.

Return to Pot Stills