• Advertisement

StillDragon Dash Owners Operating Manual Link

If you found a good how-to then show us the way there.

StillDragon Dash Owners Operating Manual Link

Postby John Galt » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:52 pm

For those who bought a flute from Mile Hi, HBS, Brewhaus, or SD... someone at SD developed a manual. Personally, I know it works, as I read it 100 times before I ever made a run on my flute. I didn't buy mine from them, but have bought a lot of stuff there over the last couple years. Anyway, the point is, you can learn to run a flute from following these procedures. Once you get the hang of it, you will make your own changes to the process. Good Luck!

https://www.stilldragon.org/uploads/man ... 140116.pdf
The problems we have today will not be solved with the same level of thinking with which we created them. Albert Einstein
John Galt

Re: Flute Operating Manual Link

Postby just sayin' » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:00 am

Thanks John! SD's manual is an excellent reference.
just sayin'

Postby punkin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Crozdog wrote the manual for us and did a great job. He also wrote the Gin Basket manual.

We didn't have it written to cover other peoples products, but i guess it saves them looking after their customers themselves :roflmao:

I edited the title to reflect that it's a StillDragon Manual rather than a generic 'flute' manual. Credit where credit is due and all.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby John Galt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:34 am

punkin wrote:Crozdog wrote the manual for us and did a great job. He also wrote the Gin Basket manual.

We didn't have it written to cover other peoples products, but i guess it saves them looking after their customers themselves :roflmao:

I edited the title to reflect that it's a StillDragon Manual rather than a generic 'flute' manual. Credit where credit is due and all.

No argument from me, and apologies to all who may have been slighted. Completely unintended. SD offers a great product at a great price. I didn't quite have enough money for all I wanted to do, and had a slight amount of know-how and some folks to help. I was lucky.
The problems we have today will not be solved with the same level of thinking with which we created them. Albert Einstein
John Galt

Re: StillDragon Dash Owners Operating Manual Link

Postby punkin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:27 pm

No mate, not at all slighted. We decided to put it out for everyone knowing it meant that other companies would use it as we believed the benefit for people was worth it and we believe in paying back for all the knowledge we have gained over the years.

Just wanted to set the record straight and very glad you found our manual and our products useful.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Pa_bon » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:32 pm

Well put Punkin. Many have learned much from those willing to share
Overhead the albatross
Hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves
An echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine

Pink Floyd
Pa_bon

Postby FullySilenced » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:08 am

Since we're all pirates here.. i suggest we make John Galt walk the plank for snagging the SD manual... :doh:

:roflmao:

good to see Punkin get it sussed out

happy stillin,

FS
FullySilenced

Postby Tracker » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:34 pm

Can't remember the last plank walking we had.

Must be getting old.

Cheers.
Tracker

Equipment type: 50 litre keg, SD 2" to 4" torpedo with 2 bubble plates, Dephlegmator, Pot still arm, copper SPP and condenser.(Tracker Stacker Flavour Packer)
Various pot still/thumper configurations.
Bok 2" slant plate for neutral and cleaning up mistakes.

Postby crozdog » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Cheers Punkin. The paying back concept was a big part of why I developed them.

I'm glad to see that people are not only using them but also appreciate the work that went into em. You will note that I refer to them as guides on the cover page - deliberately so that you can get started then adapt as you see fit.
crozdog

Equipment type: 2" Bok
2" VM
2" pot
all fit on a 55l electric laundry "copper"

Postby John Galt » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:06 am

crozdog wrote:Cheers Punkin. The paying back concept was a big part of why I developed them.

I'm glad to see that people are not only using them but also appreciate the work that went into em. You will note that I refer to them as guides on the cover page - deliberately so that you can get started then adapt as you see fit.

I survived the plank walk. I'm a better than average swimmer according to those who don't know. :)

For the rest of the record...I have many parts on my flute from SD, likely about 1/2. I'm an advocate for their service, and their products. Top notch.

Love their pex irrigation setup (at least it looks and feels like pex). Color coded for me.

The other thing I would note, is the youtube videos for the Dash 2. Those are pretty awesome for the newbie, and demonstrate some mods to the "original" design that are useful in a tight space. SD has helped revolutionize the craft.
John Galt

Return to Links to Procedures