• Advertisement

Constructing a Smoke Generator

If you found a good how-to then show us the way there.

Constructing a Smoke Generator

Postby punkin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Found this in another forum while surfing.

I've only read the first couplea pages, but it sounds a damn hit.

For those wanting to add smoke to either their hooch or their grain, i think this is a goer.

Smoke Generator

AndAGreatUseForDepletedOakPunkin

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Re: Constructing a Smoke Generator

Postby Sunnmoring » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:20 am

Great find Punkin :8) +1
Sunnmoring

Equipment type: FOA (6-15 mm) lacking boiler
Stripper (12 mm) Retired
Spiral Still (12 mm) Retired

Postby punkin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:54 pm

They said they had the can of sticks go for twelve and a half hours unattended the first time he tried it.

I'd use about a brew can full in 1/4 that time in my smoker and have to top it up three times.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby alice » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:17 pm

Yeah, top find, Punkin, i especially like the simple setup on e last page on that thread...
Anti-Sobriety Activist.
alice

Postby Handsome » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:45 pm

I first thought you were making a smoke generator to produce a smoke screen, either to buy you time to hide your stuff or to create a chaos so you could run away :D Ah my fantasy, you so silly.
"Handsome is as handsome does""
Handsome

Equipment type: 16 gallon potstill with a 7 gallon thumper attached to it + a 1'7 inch CM column.

Postby Abussive » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:36 pm

:doh:
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Fire can burn, especially the accident-prone types.

You already walk with a limp, have a tender finger, and have a steel-clad spikey goolie (Lord knows what you jammed THAT in!)
Why not just buy a rocking chair and sit back with a beer, in contemplation instead?

Next you'll be saving up for a motorbike, I suppose?
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Adonis

Scientist, technocrat, 2nd-rate musician, improviser
m.o. :- "why buy it, if you can make it exactly as you want it"?
Mantra:- Measure twice, cut once. My short pencil is better than your long memory
Abussive

Postby Swede » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:47 pm

punkin wrote:They said they had the can of sticks go for twelve and a half hours unattended the first time he tried it.

I'd use about a brew can full in 1/4 that time in my smoker and have to top it up three times.

I built a variation of that, and can vouch for what you're saying Punkin. It's hard to keep it going if you burn it any slower than that.
Swede

Equipment type: 9000w 30gal electric double boiler with jacket generated direct steam injection/PWM controller with PID temp control for automated shutdown, column temp monitoring, and mash-in-pot, 4" Stainless 4 Tray bubble cap/wier type downcomer column

Postby Bushman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:54 am

Since the original post with link is 2009, I don't think the item is there, Swede can you post a picture of yours?
Bushman

Equipment type: I have a VM still with a 2" column and a keg for a boiler and a 4" CM still that runs on electric heat.

Postby Swede » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:10 am

Bushman wrote:Since the original post with link is 2009, I don't think the item is there, Swede can you post a picture of yours?

Here.... it's fed off my air compressor set to maybe 1psi. Once it's loaded with chips, you put the lid on, and light it from the bottom. The bottom slanted plate is adjustable (draft) and can be used to regulate airflow along with the venturi feed (air compressor psi)

I got the basic idea here... http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/smokehouse ... -generator

CSG slant plate 3.jpg
CSG slant plate 3.jpg (85.58 KiB) Viewed 9719 times

CSG fresh wood load.jpg
CSG fresh wood load.jpg (66.02 KiB) Viewed 9718 times
Swede

Equipment type: 9000w 30gal electric double boiler with jacket generated direct steam injection/PWM controller with PID temp control for automated shutdown, column temp monitoring, and mash-in-pot, 4" Stainless 4 Tray bubble cap/wier type downcomer column

Postby Bushman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks, great idea :8)
Bushman

Equipment type: I have a VM still with a 2" column and a keg for a boiler and a 4" CM still that runs on electric heat.

Postby dutchmancreek » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:33 pm

I posted a home made venturi smoke generator in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2552&hilit=smoke+generator&start=15. I powered it with an aquarium air pump. It worked well, but I've since moved to the A-MAZ-IN smoke generator....it's simpler and doesn't generate the creosote that the other one did.
(Designated as ne'er do well)

"we deal in lead, friend"

Whiskey River take my mind

----------------------------
dutchmancreek

Return to Links to Procedures