• Advertisement

Electroplating copper on stainless

I would expect this topic to have multiple posts by the same person showing us how to do something. If there are pictures, let pint_o_shine know and he can host them for you.

Re: Electroplating copper on stainless

Postby brantoken » Mon May 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Still lurking about ....
Parental Digression Advised
TV
MA
SLV
brantoken

Equipment type: 3 inch ,Vm, Hybrid pot and Vacuum convertible electric modular still.
10.5Kw is nice.

Postby just sayin' » Tue May 16, 2017 9:41 am

BT, glad to hear you are still with us! These old posts really drive home how many are gone. It is always a relief to know guys have just been less active and have not passed on to the "Great Distillery" in the sky. I was sorry to hear Mike J. Woods no long with us, he was unashamed to be old and grumpy! I am getting there myself. My 90ish year old Dad's opinion is "If you don't like it, tough sh!t!!!

If you are a pioneer/older member here and still log in once in the while please let us know if you are still blessed to be on the green side of the sod.

We are in your debt. I didn't join until forced to by limiting access January 2013, I had been a lurker since 2009 or 2010 if my memory is right. Each of you guys are like older brothers. Many like Harry and Mimime have reevaluated their relationship with ethonal and have backed away. I now back away during Lent just to make sure I can.

Please let us know if you are alive and well.

Just Sayin'/ aka Scott
just sayin'

Postby Dave49 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:52 pm

punkin wrote:The OP has passed away, Ugly stopped posting.

Damn, that's a real shame! I'm saddened to hear that. :cry: :cry:
Dave49

Postby Dave49 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:41 am

This the finished job, plated ferrule soldered into 2" column!.... :D

Dave49

Postby just sayin' » Thu May 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Very nice, Dave! Any difficulties?
just sayin'

Postby Dave49 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:08 am

just sayin' wrote:Very nice, Dave! Any difficulties?

Thanks js. No difficulties, it just took longer to plate than I thought, but no big deal. I think I was reluctant to scrub too hard on the rinses, in case the plating came off, but as was said in the instructions, that's the whole idea! If the plating comes off, it isn't on properly, so scrub away! When it doesn't come off, then you know it's a good job.
Apart from that, it all went fine. The soldering was a piece of cake, very satisfying! :rkn:
Dave49

Previous

Return to Teach Us