• Advertisement

The Last One

Links to YouTube and other video sites are welcome. If you have videos you own recommend them also.

Re: The Last One

Postby punkin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:17 am

The big bang is what makes the world go round, or maybe it's god or maybe it's fairy dust.

Differing opinions is just a group of people talking out their arse.

Every fukin person with every opinion known could turn into carbon and the plants turn to dust and the world will still go round...

"Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we are all equal in the end" Pink Floyd

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand

Postby Ratabilly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:23 am

Well I find that the film itself is pretty entertaining. It depicts a moonshiner at its best, for what moonshining used to be at some point and time in history. He definitely is one of a kind and probably one of the last of a dying breed. (Why isn't anybody ever mentioning JimTom Hedricks???)

Moonshining was part of our heritage back home, and even part of my family. It was a dirty business not for the faint of heart. But who said criminal activity was to be legit, nice and family oriented?

Thats how things were back in those days and he wasn't any different than any other moonshiner other than he seemed to care a LITTLE about how he made his hooch. (even though some of the things he does are pretty oldschool and maybe not up to today's home distillation's standards...)

I'm sure most people who would meet me in real life situations would think i'm right the asshole, but it's not like i'm here trying to impress anybody. I'm sure Popcorn didn't really give a shit about anyone but himself, his family and friends... but isn't that what most of us do anyway?

That being said and done, i'm going to restrain from personal opinion towards the man. But he was what he was and nobody's ever going to change that. And guess what, look at his Headstone.... He was way ahead of anybody who wants to bash him in the afterlife anyway.

RIP old boy, you won't be forgotten.
Popcorn.jpg (40.43 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
It aged on the way out of the worm. :mg:
Equipment type: keg beer stripper, 4 gallon spirit still with 2 gallon thumper, and another 3 gallon pot still lyin' around if anybody's willing to help.

Postby Swede » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:29 am

The whole video...

for as long as it stays up, Popcorn Sutton's "The last damn run I'm ever gonna make"

Equipment type: 9000w 30gal electric double boiler with jacket generated direct steam injection/PWM controller with PID temp control for automated shutdown, column temp monitoring, and mash-in-pot, 4" Stainless 4 Tray bubble cap/wier type downcomer column

Postby Hoh Brewer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:43 am

Every fukin person with every opinion known could turn into carbon and the plants turn to dust and the world will still go round...

+1 Well Said, Very Agreed
Life is short, Enjoy your family and Friends, I've learned that.............by hard life knocks :!:
Learn something every day.
Keep your Powder Dry.....

Always a Apprentice
Hoh Brewer
Equipment type: 15-1/2gal ss - 58L Pot Still....25ft 3/4'' Worm. As Art!
#2 @ 58L-15-1/2 gal ss......... As Art!

Return to Video