• Advertisement

The Last One

Links to YouTube and other video sites are welcome. If you have videos you own recommend them also.

Re: The Last One

Postby Pop Larkin » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Just got the Popcorn Sutton video for Christmas & had to watch it right away :roll: !

Say what you like about Popcorn, the video is great. I'll defiantly be watching it more than once.
The size of his 50 gallon still makes mine seem a little pathetic :cry: . Then he goes on to say he has run & would build (if he had to) a 1000 gallon still :shock: . Really :shock: !!! And people wonder why these guys get busted :doh: !!!

Anyway. A great video that really catches the imagination :8) .

Ohh yeah Minime, Popcorn's banjo pickin' does suck BIG TIME !

BestChristmasPresentIGot POP
"It's an old trick but it just might work"
Pop Larkin

Equipment type: 100 cup coffee urn Pot Still with "RumBull" style Scotch Sankey head.

Postby minime » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Pop Larkin wrote:Say what you like about Popcorn, the video is great. I'll defiantly be watching it more than once.

LOL, I've watched it half dozen times or so. Guess it's up for review again tomorrow. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention Pop.
Never save the best for last!
minime

Equipment type: VM enthusiast.

Postby Rednose » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:27 pm

I really don’t get why so many folks celebrate an outlaw.

Sutton was a lawbreaker and if he has made good booze he would have had all the facilities to go legal.

I really don‘t get that folks celebrate a guy who suicide himself because he didn’t have enough eggs to go legal.

Now after his tragedy death a well known singer is trying to make money with his unreal receipt.

Is that the real American dream? :barf:
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up. ~Robert Frost
Rednose

Equipment type: ................. No flutes, only stills.

From 4 to 10 inch column diameter and 50 to 300 Ltr boiler gas/steam heated.

In avatar 10 inch bubbler and 6 inch rectificator (95%VOL)

Commercial licenced distillery

Postby minime » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Rednose wrote:I really don’t get why so many folks celebrate an outlaw.

Sutton was a lawbreaker and if he has made good booze he would have had all the facilities to go legal.

I really don‘t get that folks celebrate a guy who suicide himself because he didn’t have enough eggs to go legal.

Now after his tragedy death a well known singer is trying to make money with his unreal receipt.

Not celebrating him at all Rednose. The film is a VERY good tutorial on how simply it can be done. He maybe was an outlaw but the film shows he really did know what he was doing.
minime

Postby Rednose » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Even the worse idiot can make a sugar moonshine, look for his reciept minime.

I don't want to hurt nobody but Sutton is anything else than an idiol for me.
Rednose

Postby Pop Larkin » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:57 pm

You know, I kinda get a little bit pissed off with people start putting the likes of Popcorn Sutton down, especially on distilling forums. The man may very well have been a total dick but that does not take away from what the guy represented. He was a "moonshiner". Literally hundreds, if not thousands of Americans have walked the same path as Popcorn did. They were law brakers. No one is disputing this fact. Almost every person on this forum is also a law breaker. I for one an very glad that someone took the initiative to document the whole art of proper "Moonshining" before it disasters & is lost forever.
Besides, for anyone watching the DVD, it's fairly obvious that the likes of Popcorn Sutton do not have the resources or the ability to obtain the necessary "facilities" to "go legal". If the guy had 2c to scratch his ass with I'd have been surprised !

SeemsLikeASLapInTheFaceForTheFoundersOfThisAmericanArt POP
"It's an old trick but it just might work"
Pop Larkin

Equipment type: 100 cup coffee urn Pot Still with "RumBull" style Scotch Sankey head.

Postby minime » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Rednose wrote:Even the worse idiot can make a sugar moonshine, look for his reciept minime.

I don't want to hurt nobody but Sutton is anything else than an idiol for me.

Shit, anyone can ferment......distilling is what we're watching this video for. For the uninitiated the distilling part is what's the challenge. This film takes the mystery out of it.

I'mJustASimpleColumnStillerAnyway.......SugarMoonshine'sWhatILikeMiniMe
minime

Postby Tangleleg » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:27 pm

Rednose wrote:I really don’t get why so many folks celebrate an outlaw.

Rednose, you should go back and read the forum rules, there are only 2.

It has nothing to do with the "American Dream", which you would know nothing about.

It has everything to do with the small reisistance to "BIG" government. They will come and take everything we own, just for making hooch for me, not for anyone else. Sure "Popcorn" made a mistake by rubbing it in their face, but I am not. And "they" being "Big Government", who could even be my next door neighbor would love to find me and make a name for themselves.

It has everything to do with wanting me to to follow a set of guidelines, and be like everyone else. I will not.

I made a mistake once, and paid for it, and have spent 30 years correcting it.

But NO ONE, NO ONE should be abe to tell me what I can or cannot do on my property, as long as I do not harm anyone in the process. It has everything to do with TAXES.

I am sorry, but my last batch is talking. I don't know what the "Equador" dream is, nor do I care.
Tangleleg

Equipment type: 8 gallon pot still, 2 gallon thumper

Postby Rednose » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:00 am

Well, I didn’t expect another reaction than it was posted. :)

Anyhow, a person that suicide himself instead of looking for a solution for his problem can’t be my idol.

But that’s just me and I think I have the rights to express my opinion, even if it’s not yours.

Could be that Sutton didn’t have enough bucks in the pocket to pay what is needed to get legal but if he was such a heroe why this sing a song guy didn’t offer him a partnership when he was still there? :(

And Tang, if I violated any rules of the forum let me know, there is a PM button!!!

One add: the gov is YOU (your voice), YOU are voting for the ones that make the rules!!!
Rednose

Postby aquavitae » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:52 am

Looks like you have pissed on the Wailing Wall, Joe :roll:
aquavitae

Postby minime » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:44 am

aquavitae wrote:Looks like you have pissed on the Wailing Wall, Joe :roll:

Naw, Joe is missing the point. We aren't admiring the man and what he stood for, we ARE admiring the process and the documentation of it. Gotta go watch "The Last One" right now. :lol:
minime

Postby likkerluvver » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:17 am

Rednose,
I have followed your posts with a great deal of admiration for your knowledge and accomplishments. As a relative newB, with just a few years experience of distilling, I truly appreciate the fact that you are so very willing to share it all with us. I have learned much from you.
That being said, you need to:
1 Give someone (who is close enough to you to be aware of your intake of your own liquid product) authority and the means to shut down or lock your internet connection.
2 Understand that you are not the only expert on this (and other) forum(s).
3 Appreciate the input of other enthusiasts for the cause.
4 Hone your use of subtlety as you comment on others’ opinions which conflict with your own. (Others with far less command of English manage to accomplish this.)

I suggest you chill out, take time out, see a shrink, or do whatever it takes to lighten up.
Then return to this (and other forums) where your knowledgeable input will, once again, be highly valued.
NB
Posted to 2 forums (for similar reasons – probably penned while on the same excessive intake of superior(?) product.
LL
Having fun stillin' seriously..... This antique engine runs best on high octane.

likkerluvver

Equipment type: 3" pot, 4" bubbler

Postby likkerluvver » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:22 am

I meant to write:
Posted to 2 sites (for similar reasons – probably penned while on the same excessive intake of superior(?) product. :oops:
LL
Having fun stillin' seriously..... This antique engine runs best on high octane.

likkerluvver

Postby Rednose » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Folks, I’m living in a country that is closed to what somebody would call the paradise but in Christmas I always have a problem cause I don’t have my family with me, something sentimental.

I envoy anybody of you that celebrate with the ones that love you (the family), I don’t have that and react some kind of special in this days, sorry for that but it helps me to come over.

I like the idea of an internet control of Rednose.

Hope that I didn't offend someone in this board and if it's so I apologize.

Joe

[will try to concentrate me more on distillery topics]
Rednose

Postby likkerluvver » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Rednose wrote:Folks, I’m living in a country that is closed to what somebody would call the paradise but in Christmas I always have a problem cause I don’t have my family with me, something sentimental.

I envoy anybody of you that celebrate with the ones that love you (the family), I don’t have that and react some kind of special in this days, sorry for that but it helps me to come over.

I like the idea of an internet control of Rednose.

Hope that I didn't offend someone in this board and if it's so I apologize.

Joe

[will try to concentrate me more on distillery topics]

Hey Joe,

It takes guts to apologize. It's so much easier to offend. I'm sure the dust will settle and you'll be welcomed back into the fold.

Please don't think I don't fully understand your (family) situation. I left my country of birth some 30 years ago. No regrets - except for the same reasons (and times of the year) you gave. It is especially hard this time of the year, even though my parents are both now dead. :(

I do think, however, that it would be a good idea to put a lock on both your liquor cabinet (or should that be WAREHOUSE :) ) and on your computer room, cupboard, closet etc.. A trusted person would demand the computer key be returned before giving you the booze key each evening. :idea: I'll now get off the soap-box :soapbox:

BTW, I thought I'd escaped the frozen GWN here in South Carolina, but I woke up to my wife telling me that we'd had 8" last night (snow, that is...) and tonight it gets down to -8C (17F). Good job we're buggering off to Florida next month. Send us some of your heat, please.....

Now I'm going to attack the duty-free Vodka (Thankfully I now produce far better hooch) so I'd better sign off the forums. Or maybe I'll just read - not post.....
LL

likkerluvver

PreviousNext

Return to Video