• Advertisement

The Last One

Links to YouTube and other video sites are welcome. If you have videos you own recommend them also.

Re: The Last One

Postby airhill » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Still trying to work out who he offended, and why he's not entitled to his own opinion, pissed or not :roll:
In the universe there are no absolutes; only degrees of uncertainty.
airhill

Equipment type: Baby CM
Badly designed LM
4' x 2" Bok
Soon tobe CM?

Postby Rednose » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:59 pm

likkerluvver wrote:I do think, however, that it would be a good idea to put a lock on both your liquor cabinet (or should that be WAREHOUSE :) ) and on your computer room, cupboard, closet etc.. A trusted person would demand the computer key be returned before giving you the booze key each evening. :idea: I'll now get off the soap-box :soapbox:

I think you overvalue that point likkerluvver, I’m anything else than an alcoholic, I only drink in companion of good friends at the weekends and never got drunken so far.

This is not a problem for me, I’m a workhorse, I work more than 14 hours a day and love to do so.
I have several biz running, about 3 hours daily I spend on research and new projects.

Sentimental yes, but alcoholic no, so I will keep the key of the warehouse if you allow. :)
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up. ~Robert Frost
Rednose

Equipment type: ................. No flutes, only stills.

From 4 to 10 inch column diameter and 50 to 300 Ltr boiler gas/steam heated.

In avatar 10 inch bubbler and 6 inch rectificator (95%VOL)

Commercial licenced distillery

Postby likkerluvver » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:54 am

Carry on then RN - You can count on me to offer no further well-meant advice :( :( :(
LL
Having fun stillin' seriously..... This antique engine runs best on high octane.

likkerluvver

Equipment type: 3" pot, 4" bubbler

Postby Azframer » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:39 am

I don't know what is wrong with Joe speaking his mind on Popcorn. From what I seen of the videos of him he almost seems like he is someone you can relate to. But from others that know more about him sounds like it could be two sides to the coin. What most of us are doing or attempting to do is illegal and for most of us our intent is not to sale what we make but to consume it. For what Popcorn got caught doing he got 18 months in prison, that is not much time and with what is called gain time he would not have done that much time. I think he was looking at federal time which is the easiest to do from what I understand. If you get locked up in county jail you will do 5 days and get credit for 7 days. State and Fed time is close to 3 days and get credit for 5 days. So he might have done 10-11 months so he was just stupid to kill himself over that small amount of time.
As far as Joe English it is fine to me and close enough I have no problem with. My wife is English is second language and she mixes words up from time to time. I know a guy from Switzerland and I think it is close to German you have no letter V in your language. He had to tell me three times that he wanted me to cut gable wents in when it dawned on me that he wanted gable vents cut in.
Friends call me Rick
Drank all night and I am still thirsty!
But I don't feel like I got to much blood in my alcyhol.
Azframer

Equipment type: 5 Gallon Pot Still, Dash1

Postby Tracker » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:49 am

Oh no, not again. :(
Posts about folk heroes always end this way.
There is a rule about politics, race and religion but I think it should also include such people as Ned Kelly, Wyatt Earp, Butch Cassidy, Popcorn Sutton, Robin Hood and the like.
Sentiment and sensibility shall never agree.

I think you should all get over it and get back to what we are here for.

AndI'mNotEvenAModOrLookingToBeOneEver.JustAVoiceFromTheWilderness.

Cheers.

edited for spelling.
Tracker

Equipment type: 50 litre keg, SD 2" to 4" torpedo with 2 bubble plates, Dephlegmator, Pot still arm, copper SPP and condenser.(Tracker Stacker Flavour Packer)
Various pot still/thumper configurations.
Bok 2" slant plate for neutral and cleaning up mistakes.

Postby airhill » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:57 am

Folk heroes? Tracker, you must watch too much Hollywood :roflmao: :roflmao:

(Sorry supposedly sniffing too much 03) :beer: :beer:
In the universe there are no absolutes; only degrees of uncertainty.
airhill

Equipment type: Baby CM
Badly designed LM
4' x 2" Bok
Soon tobe CM?

Postby punkin » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:32 pm

likkerluvver wrote:Carry on then RN - You can count on me to offer no further well-meant advice :( :( :(

That'd be good.
Sounds to me that you"re publicly offering personal advice on an extrapolated guess of a situation you know nothing about (unless of course there's been PM's i don't know about, in which case it should have remained private).

Not only is it condescending, it's hurtfull and it's posted to a forum where Joe doesn't post any more just to make you look smart and wise (which it doesn't)

Hey Joe,

It takes guts to apologize. It's so much easier to offend. I'm sure the dust will settle and you'll be welcomed back into the fold.

And what the fuck is this about? I'm positive Joe doesn't give a flying fuck about whether he's welcomed back to HD, and if you're talking about his family, see the comments above.

You're comments are very much out of proportion and way out of context for this conversation. It's you who should have a good hard look at y'self.

I know you think you're a straight shooter, so i've put this fairly bluntly.

AsIsMyWontPunkin

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby likkerluvver » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:08 pm

minime wrote:Just watched Popcorn Sutton's "Last One"

It was definitely entertaining and informative. He showing an UJSSM style run not all grain but done on the proverbial fire and oak barrel thumper. He's a hell of better distiller than he is banjo picker but all in all well worth the $25 delivered to my door.

It's definitely a watch more than once video for me :8)

To return to the topic MM.....

I presume this is available on DVD. Where can I get this?

It sounds like something I'd like to see.

Thanks
LL
Having fun stillin' seriously..... This antique engine runs best on high octane.

likkerluvver

Postby minime » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:15 pm

http://www.suckerpunchpictures.com/last ... utton.html

Edit

I've watched it a dozen times at least. Banjo sounds worst every time.........
Never save the best for last!
minime

Equipment type: VM enthusiast.

Postby likkerluvver » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Thanks MM.

I'll get myself a copy (and some earplugs,maybe?)
LL

likkerluvver

Postby Pop Larkin » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:04 pm

You can get it online at www.suckerpunchpictures.com

$22.00 + $3.00 shipping!

Pop
"It's an old trick but it just might work"
Pop Larkin

Equipment type: 100 cup coffee urn Pot Still with "RumBull" style Scotch Sankey head.

Postby likkerluvver » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:12 pm

Hey Pop,

I'm sure I'll like it as much as you obviously did.

Thanks
LL

likkerluvver

Postby Squint » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:15 am

the DVD shipped to the UK
USD $22 + $7 = $29 =
GBP £18.80

so i'm informed :)
Squint

Equipment type: It's all gone to a new home,

Sad, really Sad I am.

Postby Azframer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:26 am

Here is a sample of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7b3EqsB6o

<modedit>
just need the video number between the youtube tags
VB
</modedit>
Friends call me Rick
Drank all night and I am still thirsty!
But I don't feel like I got to much blood in my alcyhol.
Azframer

Equipment type: 5 Gallon Pot Still, Dash1

Postby mr.spooky » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Azframer wrote:I don't know what is wrong with Joe speaking his mind on Popcorn. From what I seen of the videos of him he almost seems like he is someone you can relate to. But from others that know more about him sounds like it could be two sides to the coin. What most of us are doing or attempting to do is illegal and for most of us our intent is not to sale what we make but to consume it. For what Popcorn got caught doing he got 18 months in prison, that is not much time and with what is called gain time he would not have done that much time. I think he was looking at federal time which is the easiest to do from what I understand. If you get locked up in county jail you will do 5 days and get credit for 7 days. State and Fed time is close to 3 days and get credit for 5 days. So he might have done 10-11 months so he was just stupid to kill himself over that small amount of time.
As far as Joe English it is fine to me and close enough I have no problem with. My wife is English is second language and she mixes words up from time to time. I know a guy from Switzerland and I think it is close to German you have no letter V in your language. He had to tell me three times that he wanted me to cut gable wents in when it dawned on me that he wanted gable vents cut in.

odviousally AZ,,, you aint never been locked down.... county sucks and fed sucks... ONE DAY of not being able to choose for yourself is like a lifetime.
spooky
mr.spooky

Equipment type: 2" colunm pot still w/ liebig,,,,,,,,, 4" plated flute (her names penny) w/ grahm

PreviousNext

Return to Video