• Advertisement

"Home Distillation Handbook" Ola Norrman - free read online

Read a good book? Any topic is a good one. If it is about moonshine of other spirits, beer, or wine then that is a bonus.

"Home Distillation Handbook" Ola Norrman - free read online

Postby mikejwoodnz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:31 pm

This is a very good basic primer and a useful read for those with a few questions.

Read online here

Scroll down the 1st page is blank :doh:
My Terminal Cancer is now : maybe a little remission :-)
mikejwoodnz

Equipment type: 75 litre SS "Milk Can" Pot Still, Onion Head, 1.5m Copper Liebig, SS Fermenters, AirStills . . .

Re: "Home Distillation Handbook" Ola Norrman - free read online

Postby Harry » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Ola Norrman Is Gert Strand, one & the same. It's his ad flagship.

You'll find a far more useful book in the sidebar.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/16683522/Alco ... ook-4th-Ed

Login (signup is free) and download it for offline reading, searching, printing. One of the best you'll ever have.
Cheers. :D

Slainte!
regards Harry
http://distillers.tastylime.net/

Winning the hearts & minds; one post at a time.
(you will be assimilated. resistance is futile.)
Harry

Equipment type: 25 Lt 1500W elec. boiler, 2" x 40" packed column VM, x-flow O/head HX, crimp-path Liebig HX, VM proportioning valve, all in copper.
Various experimental gear.

Postby mikejwoodnz » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Harry wrote:Ola Norrman Is Gert Strand, one & the same. It's his ad flagship.

You'll find a far more useful book in the sidebar.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/16683522/Alco ... ook-4th-Ed

Login (signup is free) and download it for offline reading, searching, printing. One of the best you'll ever have.
Cheers. :D

- yes that is a great advanced book Harry. Gert's book is a good starter for Kiwi's as everything mentioned in it is readily available legally in the brewshops and supermarkets.
My Terminal Cancer is now : maybe a little remission :-)
mikejwoodnz

Equipment type: 75 litre SS "Milk Can" Pot Still, Onion Head, 1.5m Copper Liebig, SS Fermenters, AirStills . . .

Postby evilpsych » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Yeah harry. thanks for pointing that out. Cool link too mike. I think i've read the HTML version of Gert's website 2dozen times before I found HD (and later AD) and enhanced my knowledge.. That textbook was a quick download. I've been reading aall afternoon.. think i've done 8 chapters already. Certainly a book for those of us (like myself) who aspire to one day go legit. as it also covers some of the economic factors. I'll look for a hardbound version on alibris.com

:!:

Edit: Nevermind buying it. They want $156 for a used copy! I've got a spare ream of paper round here somewhere..
I just realized that my life is a very complicated drinking game...
evilpsych

Equipment type: 15.5g Electric Keg boiler. 7.75g pony keg thumper - Simple potstill head with pinto-troller.

Postby Harry » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:15 pm

evilpsych wrote:Edit: Nevermind buying it. They want $156 for a used copy! I've got a spare ream of paper round here somewhere..

Yeah I've had this one for a few years now, along with several dozen other tech books on the industry. If I had to buy 'em all today, I'm guessing 10+ grand. I wanted to put 'em up in a lender library, but copyright lawyers are sharks. Maybe one day I'll find a way. :(

Slainte!
regards Harry

Harry

Equipment type: 25 Lt 1500W elec. boiler, 2" x 40" packed column VM, x-flow O/head HX, crimp-path Liebig HX, VM proportioning valve, all in copper.

Postby evilpsych » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:52 pm

something's wrong with the textbook.. there seem to be pages missing? I've tried this twice and the page count gets messed up when i try to build a double-sided page from a ream.
I just realized that my life is a very complicated drinking game...
evilpsych

Equipment type: 15.5g Electric Keg boiler. 7.75g pony keg thumper - Simple potstill head with pinto-troller.

Postby Harry » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:24 am

evilpsych wrote:something's wrong with the textbook.. there seem to be pages missing? I've tried this twice and the page count gets messed up when i try to build a double-sided page from a ream.

There's no info missing, but several interntionally blank pages have been omitted. This throws out the print count (to stop counterfeiting). You can fix this if you have the full copies of Adobe Acrobat and Pagemaker. You need to add in a blank page where necessary, then redo the layout. It's a lot of work, & personally I wouldn't bother. If you really must have hardcopy, just print the pages as you need them, put 'em in a binder.

I prefer the electronic version anyway. Much easier to do a search & bookmark, add notes.

Be happy you have the info. The 5th ed of the book is over $250.

Slainte!
regards Harry

Harry

Return to Books