• Advertisement

Music I listen to while running my still

Please be kind to others. Personal preference just is. There is no right or wrong.

Music I listen to while running my still

Postby Cats-a-fighting » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:59 am

I listen to old Balkan style music. It has a hypnotising fast playing accordian and along with the lyrics it is good while drinking too. My favorite is "Peci cica rakiju otvo rio kapiju" translated is The old man that brews the rakija (whiskey) opens the door for all to drink. I will also listen to classic rock and southern rock. :8)
"Don't poop where you eat and don't eat where you poop and you will be o.k."
A WISE OLD MAN
Cats-a-fighting

Re: Music I listen to while running my still

Postby chefdaniel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:35 pm

Flatt & Scruggs, Norman Blake, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Emmylou Harris, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Vassar Clements, Doc Watson, Mark O'Connor, Grateful Dead, New Riders of the Purple Sage.
In Wine There Is Wisdom. In Beer There Is Strength. In Water There Is Bacteria.
chefdaniel

Postby CoopsOz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:11 am

Kiss, Iron maiden, Poison, Motley Crue, Sabbath, Ozzie, Dio, Zeppelin, Skid row.....you get the drift! Usually it's not very loud because I'm generally listening for changes in the still.
It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856
CoopsOz

Postby dixiedrifter » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:00 am

ditto on the quiet.

I go by sound to tell when the still is about to boil up and insure that my coolant pump is running.
Former official Homedistiller shit stirrer.
dixiedrifter

Postby pintoshine » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:30 am

what cheffdaniels said. Throw in some Grandpa Jones, Stoneman Family, Nickel Creek, New Grass Revival and Alison Krauss.
Distill safe. Make good cuts. Enjoy yourself. Give as much as you take. Have fun doing this incredibly hard work. Be a good example. It's your hobby.
pintoshine

Equipment type: 58L 1.1 meter LM still.
110L Artisan Still Design Hybrid 4 plate with oil filled jacket.
20L copper pot

Postby dutchmancreek » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 am

Right now I have several CDs out in the shed....gotta have tunes

Allman Brothers "Live at the Fillmore" (possibly my favorite album)
Santana "Abraxas"
Meatloaf "Bat out of Hell"
Pink Floyd "A Delicate Sound of Thunder"
Muddy Waters boxed set
Buena Vista Social Club
(Designated as ne'er do well)

"we deal in lead, friend"

Whiskey River take my mind

----------------------------
dutchmancreek

Postby chefdaniel » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:47 am

pintoshine wrote:what cheffdaniels said. Throw in some Grandpa Jones, Stoneman Family, Nickel Creek, New Grass Revival and Alison Krauss.

Did I mention Sam Bush, David Grisman, Old & In the Way, Flying Burrito Brothers, Gram Parsons, The Byrds (Sweetheart of the Rodeo).

All at a volume appropriate to the occasion.
chefdaniel

Postby mort4 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:39 pm

You guys have good taste in music (except for coops maybe :lol: )Better throw in some Leonard Cohen, John Prine, Neil Young, Hank 3, ,AC DC :oops:
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
mort4

Equipment type: 2"x50" copper VM, with 8" dixiedrifter reflux coil and SD torpedo.
2" potstill head, 36" liebig product condenser. Propane fired. Three plate SD bubbler.
Member of Hobby Distillers Association

Postby chefdaniel » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:49 pm

mort4 wrote:You guys have good taste in music (except for coops maybe :lol: )Better throw in some Leonard Cohen, John Prine, Neil Young, Hank 3, ,AC DC :oops:

Looks like Dutch, Mort, Pint and I have similar taste in tunage. Some very old Linda Ronstadt should be tossed into the mix, along with some of the Memphis Mafia stuff--Elvis, Johhny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, BB King.....

Coops has great taste in music. For a youngin. :roflmao:
chefdaniel

Postby punkin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:26 pm

Just getting up on the tech meself. Bourbon Girl and i bought each other stereos for xmas, she got one for my ute and i got one for my shed :8)

I made sure they both had aux sockets and they also have this funny rectangular socket on the front. So i wandered out and bought a handfull of 4gb sticks and guess what?

They fit in the funny little socket :D

One of the stick's hold damn near 80 albums dragged and dropped on the puter, and they can plug in anywhere....

Don't need to keep cd's in my dusty ol shed or my hot car anymore, just a twenty dollar tossaway renewable stick :idea:

They're full of Lou Reed, Nick Cave, Floyd, Stones, Deep Purple, Radiators, The Band, Luis Armstrong, The Pretenders, David Bowie, Sting, Talking Heads ect with some newr stuff thrown in like The Ting Tings, Ben Harper, Lilly Allen, Daft Punk ect

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby big worm » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:28 pm

CoopsOz wrote:Kiss, Iron maiden, Poison, Motley Crue, Sabbath, Ozzie, Dio, Zeppelin, Skid row.....you get the drift! Usually it's not very loud because I'm generally listening for changes in the still.

add metalica, and a host of new stuff........i look old but i'm a hard core "head banger" i also like old country like the classic stuf from the 60's -70's merl,hank,..both hanks. patsy, patuila, loretta....oh yea dollys tits can't forget them :) i never play a radio when stillen the 9-11 yard dogs and the still take the ear. i love living rural i have a kick ass home sterio 1000w i think, at 1/2 volume i made the windows shake :!: i have been known to put the speakers on the porch and let a home consert rip :o theres something to boc "godzilla" or metalicas "one" ripping out side wfo...hehe my wife really hates me on occasions.
"It is wise to learn how to ferment local products that are cheap and abundant."
big worm

Postby dutchmancreek » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:05 pm

chefdaniel wrote: Some very old Linda Ronstadt should be tossed into the mix,

Linda Ronstadt was soo cute in about '69 when she was with Stone Ponies.

I went out and looked at the stack in the shop...besides what I already mentioned there is George Thorogood, The Stones, some rockabilly guy called Reverend Horton Heat, and Tenacious D.
(Designated as ne'er do well)

"we deal in lead, friend"

Whiskey River take my mind

----------------------------
dutchmancreek

Postby chefdaniel » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:04 pm

dutchmancreek wrote:
chefdaniel wrote: Some very old Linda Ronstadt should be tossed into the mix,

Linda Ronstadt was soo cute in about '69 when she was with Stone Ponies.

I went out and looked at the stack in the shop...besides what I already mentioned there is George Thorogood, The Stones, some rockabilly guy called Reverend Horton Heat, and Tenacious D.

Yep she was a cutie pie. Now she's a pie. Stone Ponies. Great little band. Heart Like a Wheel, one of the best albums ever produced. Forgot to mention Pure Prarie League, Marshall Tucker Band and Commmander Cody.
chefdaniel

Postby CoopsOz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 pm

mort4 wrote:You guys have good taste in music (except for coops maybe :lol: )Better throw in some Leonard Cohen, John Prine, Neil Young, Hank 3, ,AC DC :oops:

I pretty much love everything.....I'm going to see Leonard Cohen in Feb but I really love my hair metal and NWOBHM.
It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856
CoopsOz

Postby mort4 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:30 pm

I come from a 'classic rock' background but when my son was growing up he broadened my horizon quite a bit.I got to like AC DC and Metallica. As a matter of fact, he is still the one who brings in all the new music, and he has very wide tastes, metal to country and everything in between thats good.
We have a couple Leonard Cohen vids we like to watch, I wonder if he still travels with the two lovely female singers? We saw Greg Brown last fall, Neil Young the year before, Bob Dylan the year before that on our annual trip to Seattle. Wonder who will be there next time.
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
mort4

Equipment type: 2"x50" copper VM, with 8" dixiedrifter reflux coil and SD torpedo.
2" potstill head, 36" liebig product condenser. Propane fired. Three plate SD bubbler.
Member of Hobby Distillers Association

Next

Return to Music