• Advertisement

Leonard Cohen Brisbane entertainment centre

Please be kind to others. Personal preference just is. There is no right or wrong.

Leonard Cohen Brisbane entertainment centre

Postby CoopsOz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:16 am

Just flew back into Melbourne from Brisbane after seeing the great man himself. The living legend is 74 yrs old and put on a magnificent 3hr show. If anyone is thinking about seeing his current tour I highly recommend it.
It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856
CoopsOz

Re: Leonard Cohen Brisbane entertainment centre

Postby mort4 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:35 am

Good deal Coops, I'm envious. Three hours, that's amazing. :8)
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
mort4

Equipment type: 2"x50" copper VM, with 8" dixiedrifter reflux coil and SD torpedo.
2" potstill head, 36" liebig product condenser. Propane fired. Three plate SD bubbler.
Member of Hobby Distillers Association

Postby mort4 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:26 pm

What was his band like?
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
mort4

Equipment type: 2"x50" copper VM, with 8" dixiedrifter reflux coil and SD torpedo.
2" potstill head, 36" liebig product condenser. Propane fired. Three plate SD bubbler.

Postby CoopsOz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:46 pm

Absolutely fantastic. World class professionals, the backup singers where a perfect accompaniment to Leonards style. He went through all the classics.....Suzanne, Blue raincoat, Hallelujah. I'm still smiling. :D
It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856
CoopsOz

Postby punkin » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Watched a tribute show on SBS during the week, Nick Cave and some others sang his songs and a few interviews with the man. I'd never really heard of him before, but now i want to read some of his stuff, what's good to read? Has he published books of his songs?

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby CoopsOz » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Dunno mate, never read anything by him. I was only exposed as my old man is a huge fan, he was always on growing up.
CoopsOz

Postby mort4 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:11 am

We've been listening to a recording of one of the first shows from the U.S. leg of the Leonard Cohen tour and it sounds sooo good. The nearest show to us is Victoria BC, 900 miles and not a straight shot. I've been lobbying but no luck. Maybe there will be a good DVD.
mort4

Postby Tom Joad » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:27 am

Hey Punkin, he's quite the writer. Found this.

http://www.mcclelland.com/author/result ... horid=5283
Tom Joad

Postby punkin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanks for that.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby mort4 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:33 pm

For Leonard Cohen fans, the first DVD of the tour is out and it is excellent. If you still have a chance to see a show you better go for it, he delivers full value judging by this show. If you can't go this video is pretty satisfying.
mort4

Return to Music