• Advertisement

Moonshine Pens

If you own the company, this is the place for FREE advertisement. But we may ask for evaluation and test samples...
Please be kind.

Moonshine Pens

Postby SouthernShiner » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:57 am

Hi Guys! I haven't been around the forum here for a while, but I thought this might interest some of you. I do a little woodworking as a hobby and recently started making custom ink pens. Moonshine is a big tourist thing here. so I came up with the idea to go out in the woods behind my house and get some of the wood from the old submarine stills and make pens. They are all made with copper plated components to keep with the theme. So please drop by my site and tell me what you think! And feel free to buy a few pens! LOL http://www.moonshinepens.com
SouthernShiner

Re: Moonshine Pens

Postby Kapea » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:23 am

Got any made from an old Bondurant brothers still?
Kapea

Equipment type: 50mm x 1250mm copper & stainless VM column
50mm copper & stainless pot still
Modular multi-plate 4" bubbler

Postby SouthernShiner » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:04 am

No, I think those are long gone by now! :D
SouthernShiner

Postby sasquatch » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:02 pm

That bolt action pen is sweet.
sasquatch

Postby punkin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi, i've been looking at your site since it was linked on the StillDragon forum and it looks great. If i was interested in the steampunk version of the bolt action kit and didn't care whether i had ex submarine still wood in it or plain old stainless would you do custom designs or consider expanding your offerings away from still stuff and off plain as well?

I saw a really nice 3 piece set elsewhere that was polished, stainless and gold anodised that looked nice with the bolt action and i'd happily buy the same from you instead of one of the big guys.
I'm in Australia by the way.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby SouthernShiner » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Thanks Guys! I've only had the website up for about 4 days, I'm concentrating on the moonshine pens because of an article the local paper is running about them this week and a couple of events and festivals in the next month or so. punkin, I make lots of other style pens, and the bolt actions in any style are my pest sellers! I would be happy to work with you and custom make anything you like! I will be adding more to the site than moonshine pens soon, I didn't think these would take off like they have, word has gotten out and all the little tourist shops in town want the moonshine pens! So, I will be adding other pens to the site as soon as time allows, this is just a hobby, I have a full time job and didn't know this would get so big so fast!
SouthernShiner

Postby just sayin' » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Well done! I am sure my son will love the bolt action pen. I forwarded your link to him. I hope you do very well.
just sayin'

Postby punkin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:40 pm

thanks mate

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby vicrider » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:06 pm

Well done! I always liked the slimline in brushed copper, and the "still" wood is a good hook. I've made tons of those in the past, but I mostly make bowls now. You should have a few wood display boxes laser engraved with a pot still and thumper scene. Those can really draw attention to the pen.
vicrider

Return to Commercial Links