If it's yours or a eBay Store link the place it here. On expiration, these may be removed. Links may be moved to here if found in other topics.
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 pm
- Location: Central US
- Equipment type: 2" VM
With a controller to vary the heat, that would work as a potstill I imagine. I'm not sure how the condenser works though, is it water cooled?
Also, there was no clear boiler size listed either, just the unit dimensions.
- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:25 pm
- Location: Canada
- Equipment type: 9000w 30gal electric double boiler with jacket generated direct steam injection/PWM controller with PID temp control for automated shutdown, column temp monitoring, and mash-in-pot, 4" Stainless 4 Tray bubble cap/wier type downcomer column
I bought one of those in Xi' AN, the city of the terra cotta warriors fame, about 3 or 3 and a half years ago.
I bet it could distill water but the way its plumbed out it cannot distill alcohol. Also the gaskets used for the heating element contained asbestos and was in contact with the water. That would probably stay in the pot but its still a no-no.
I do remember it was a water and energy hog and produced very little distilled water.
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:23 pm
- Location: China
Good spotting danthonybuck.
I'm not buying; but I liked looking.
- Posts: 316
- Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:54 pm
- Location: Terror Australis - South
Return to eBay and craigs list Links
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest