• Advertisement

Are LHBS failures increasing?

Natural materials such as cotton and natural rawhide fit here. But it could be dough or water too.

Are LHBS failures increasing?

Postby ZeroGee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:15 pm

For those of us in Cascadia : I just got a notice from Home Brew Heaven in Everett WA that they’re going out of business by the end of the month. The reason? Budweiser/InBev bought up the two largest on-line home brew distributors in the US and dropped the prices to the “can’t compete” level for many local home brew stores.

For those of us north of Seattle, the only full-service, brick-and-mortar store is Northwest Brewers Supply in Burlington WA, http://www.nwbrewers.com, 1-800-460-7095 ~ 1-360-293-0424.

As far as “home brew” north of the border is concerned, pick your recipe, place your order and pick up 6 cases of cans for $130 to $160 CN two weeks later. You don’t need to even get your hands wet.

If I was of a conspiring mind set, I might think… well…

ZG
Age, in and of itself, does not confer wisdom.
Instead, it provides a list of mistakes you hope, profoundly, never to repeat.
ZeroGee

Equipment type: Stone & Nixon all copper 2" offset valve-head LM reflux column with a 60L SS electric boiler.

Re: Are LHBS failures increasing?

Postby just sayin' » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:03 pm

The internet is making it tuff for brick and mortar stores of almost any kind everywhere. Unless they actually sell brick and mortar, maybe...
just sayin'

Return to Miscellaneous