• Advertisement

Black Rum?

Natural materials such as cotton and natural rawhide fit here. But it could be dough or water too.

Black Rum?

Postby bentstick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Well fellas had a experience today with a new taste in Rum it was Kraken Rum.IMO it is not bad what I had to drink today was 2 oz of the Kraken Rum with soda water and just a touch of 7 Up for a little taste of sweet,Damn so I need to figure how to make this type of Rum, my thought is age rum in a barrel until it taste good then start adding Molasses until it is to taste,any others had experience with this brand of Rum,spelling may not be right but is how I hear it!

Sugarcreek will try tomorrow what a day! You need a vacation up here! In a couple of weeks I will have a place on the island to stay!
It is what you make it
bentstick

Equipment type: 4" column,3 perf plates with a 2 plate and a 1 plate add on sections
Lm/vm hybrid with up to 3 bubble cap section add ons

Re: Black Rum?

Postby Oddball » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:38 pm

We like that Kraken, it's a spiced rum if I remember correctly, and 90 proof. I like it on ice.
I prefer it to the captain's or sailor Jerry's. I think there is more than just molasses going on there.
Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation.
Oddball

Equipment type: 15 gallon stainless keg with worm, propane fired. use my old boiler sometimes as thumper just built a lebig and will use it next run

Postby bentstick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Yes more going on than molasses, but what? Nothing compared to the spices in Captins,I enjoyed it,and not over powering taste(spice wise) but heavier in other ways! Well it is going to take some time,bottles and many taste tests I do belive! :beer:
It is what you make it
bentstick

Equipment type: 4" column,3 perf plates with a 2 plate and a 1 plate add on sections

Postby Oddball » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:49 am

I'm such a nube, I am going to follow along or a while before I try spicing anything just yet. my second rum wash is waiting for it's turn in the still.
Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation.
Oddball

Equipment type: 15 gallon stainless keg with worm, propane fired. use my old boiler sometimes as thumper just built a lebig and will use it next run

Postby bentstick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 pm

http://www.krakenrum.com/book/19

Do not know if you seen their site but I think is a good start!
It is what you make it
bentstick

Postby bentstick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Oddball wrote:We like that Kraken, it's a spiced rum if I remember correctly, and 90 proof. I like it on ice.
I prefer it to the captain's or sailor Jerry's. I think there is more than just molasses going on there.

it is bottled at 47abv/94 proof!
So my take is it is not diluted with water,but at 47abv what the hell does it come out the pc at?
It is what you make it
bentstick

Return to Miscellaneous