• Advertisement

Ink

This is the junk yard of topics. For topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Ink

Postby dutchmancreek » Sun May 15, 2016 8:16 am

I've also had a beard for the last 30 years. I'm not going to shave it either.
(Designated as ne'er do well)

"we deal in lead, friend"

Whiskey River take my mind

----------------------------
dutchmancreek

Postby punkin » Sun May 15, 2016 1:16 pm

stillvodka wrote:
punkin wrote:
stillvodka wrote:Inked! tattooed?
Whats the difference? where in the hell did the word ''inked'' ever come from, relating to being tattooed :doh:

I am sure even if I was loosing my sanity, I would rather go to a museum or an art gallery, if you had skin like mine, you wouldn't let anyone near you with a needle full of ink, I am just totally at a loss to how this tattooing panademic came about.

:cry:

Yeah i know, right? New found craze for sure. Only started in the 4th millenium BC with that notorious hipster Ötzi the Iceman and ever since cool cats have been promoting it as trendy.

I'm sure it'll blow over shortly and be shelved with all the other fads like beards and makeup.

Beards can be shaved off, makeup can be washed off .

Ever seen old grandad and a granny with chinese sleaves, it looks either disgusting or hilarious, how ever you want to look at it that is, but I suppose there are lots of people out there do actually think their never going to get old

I think you mean Japanese sleeves? You are ignorant of what you are trolling about and it is pretty fucking obvious to others.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby stillvodka » Mon May 16, 2016 1:28 am

I think you mean Japanese sleeves? You are ignorant of what you are trolling about and it is pretty fucking obvious to others

Trolling! Na, I don't think so , when I was a lot younger than I am today , things that were Chinese, wasn't associated with things that are inferior junk!, yes sleeve tattoos were about back then, had a few friends had them, they were called 'Chinese sleeves' but now, Japanese does have that air of quality about it, we can see what has happened there

I got my first tattoo about 45 years ago and the latest 2 weeks ago. If you don't like tattoos, don't get any but there's no need to make "disgusting or hilarious" remarks running down or making fun of people who do. I am getting old and am a bit offended by your last remark (actually, most of them). This is a tattoo thread....you don't have to read or post on it.

I dont know what tattoos you have done, but I am talking about this covering whole of a person limbs/body with one mass of ink pictures, recon these people have some sort of problem or an addiction or something, why dont they just go out and buy a tight clinging to the body shirt with their chosen design on it :)
I never mentioned anything about beards in any sort of derogatory manner, 'punkin' mentioned the beards

Punkin,
no need to swear at me, It could be offensive :doh:
stillvodka

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Mon May 16, 2016 11:03 am

Well, I'm fixin' popcorn and settling back with a beer to watch this.
Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller http://www.kelleybarts.com/zymurgy-bob- ... e-spirits/

You can make whisky in a reflux still, you can make vodka in a potstill,
and you can eat chicken noodle soup with a crescent wrench. But...
Zymurgy Bob

Equipment type: 60L unpacked 20"x2", propane, with Liebig

Postby Azframer » Mon May 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Zymurgy Bob wrote:Well, I'm fixin' popcorn and settling back with a beer to watch this.

Same here, I never been a tattoo type either but always enjoyed seeing people express them selves and dig the artwork. Never trash those that do get tattoos, some of my best friends have them.

beer and I am out watching this one now.
Rick
Friends call me Rick
Drank all night and I am still thirsty!
But I don't feel like I got to much blood in my alcyhol.
Azframer

Equipment type: 5 Gallon Pot Still, Dash1

Postby punkin » Mon May 16, 2016 4:46 pm

stillvodka wrote:
Trolling! Na, I don't think so , when I was a lot younger than I am today , things that were Chinese, wasn't associated with things that are inferior junk!, yes sleeve tattoos were about back then, had a few friends had them, they were called 'Chinese sleeves' but now, Japanese does have that air of quality about it, we can see what has happened there

I contend that you are speaking from ignorance and that people who are knowledgeably about tattoos never called sleeves Chinese sleeves.
below is a picture of a traditional Chinese tattoo (as close to sleeves as i can find);

chinesetattoo.jpg

And below here is a traditional Japanese tattoo;

traditional-japanese-tattooed-body.jpg

Which of these would you be referring to when you say sleeves?
As you can see it has nothing to do with the ridiculously long bow you were drawing about quality of manufactured goods and people trying to associate themselves with higher quality. It is about one style (the Japanese style) being copied widely across the world and the other not.

stillvodka wrote:I dont know what tattoos you have done, but I am talking about this covering whole of a person limbs/body with one mass of ink pictures, recon these people have some sort of problem or an addiction or something, why dont they just go out and buy a tight clinging to the body shirt with their chosen design on it :)
I never mentioned anything about beards in any sort of derogatory manner, 'punkin' mentioned the beards

To come into a thread where people who are keen on their personal choice of art and label those people as having "some sort of problem or an addiction or something" and that they look "either disgusting or hilarious" would be classed as trolling in any forum by any sane moderator on the net.
You may think not but here's a warning for you anyway... Cease and desist the trolling or you will find yourself moderated. There are plenty of sites where you can get away with purposely going out of your way to start a shitfight but this isn't going to be your day.

stillvodka wrote:Punkin,
no need to swear at me, It could be offensive :doh:

I didn't swear at you at all, i swore to you. Hopefully you are cognizant enough to see the difference on reflection. If you are offended by swearing i suggest this is not the place for you either as swearing is not moderated here, although abuse is. I'm hoping you can see the difference.

To sum up i think it will save some tears and frustration if you drop the judgmental attitude and move on to something that does interest you.

WelcomeToTheShitListPunkin

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Mud » Mon May 16, 2016 5:48 pm

I don't have any tattoos so take this for what its worth. But several of my friends have them, including one guy with sleeves. I've never heard anyone refer to them as either Japanese or Chinese. Just sleeves. You learn something new every day.
Specialization is for Kiwi.
Artisan Distilling Book
Mud

Equipment type: Keg based pot - sometimes propane powered but mostly electric

Postby punkin » Mon May 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Correct.

punkin

Postby dutchmancreek » Mon May 16, 2016 8:19 pm

Thanks, Punkin
(Designated as ne'er do well)

"we deal in lead, friend"

Whiskey River take my mind

----------------------------
dutchmancreek

Postby punkin » Mon May 16, 2016 8:28 pm

dutchmancreek wrote:Thanks, Punkin

It's my job, but you are welcome.

punkin

Postby stillvodka » Tue May 17, 2016 1:38 am

To sum up i think it will save some tears and frustration if you drop the judgemental attitude and move on to something that does interest you.

To come into a thread where people who are keen on their personal choice of art and label those people as having "some sort of problem or an addiction or something" and that they look "either disgusting or hilarious" would be classed as trolling in any forum by any sane moderator on the net

All I can say to this is, any psychiatrist examining a patient who has large swaves of their body covered in ink/tattoos, that same psychiatrist would find deep seated issues/troubles with that persons brain/mind, unstable in lots of ways, why else would you want to allow somebody to draw pictures all over you with a sharp needle/object and make your skin sore and bleed?

Problem with this is, these same people with these ink tattoo sleeves and personal instability managed to get themselves in important places in our society, control our everyday lives in all sorts of employment

Punkin
Your a moderator on this forum, you should not be moderating/or warning me, you should of not let this thread start in the first place, I find people who abuse their bodies offensive
Some people need to be saved from themselves, your attitude towards me, it does not help these people
stillvodka

Postby punkin » Tue May 17, 2016 1:53 am

stillvodka wrote:
To sum up i think it will save some tears and frustration if you drop the judgemental attitude and move on to something that does interest you.

To come into a thread where people who are keen on their personal choice of art and label those people as having "some sort of problem or an addiction or something" and that they look "either disgusting or hilarious" would be classed as trolling in any forum by any sane moderator on the net

All I can say to this is, any psychiatrist examining a patient who has large swaves of their body covered in ink/tattoos, that same psychiatrist would find deep seated issues/troubles with that persons brain/mind, unstable in lots of ways, why else would you want to allow somebody to draw pictures all over you with a sharp needle/object and make your skin sore and bleed?

Problem with this is, these same people with these ink tattoo sleeves and personal instability managed to get themselves in important places in our society, control our everyday lives in all sorts of employment

Punkin
Your a moderator on this forum, you should not be moderating/or warning me, you should of not let this thread start in the first place, I find people who abuse their bodies offensive
Some people need to be saved from themselves, your attitude towards me, it does not help these people

That'll do me. i think you're a raving lunatic and have no place interacting with normal people.

Take your suspension up with the Administrator if you have a particular need to be part of this corner of the world.

punkin

Postby Azframer » Tue May 17, 2016 1:56 am

stillvodka have you not sat back and thought of how many people in this forum you have now insulted the fuck out of? Who do you think you really are now?
Friends call me Rick
Azframer

Postby punkin » Tue May 17, 2016 1:58 am

Azframer wrote:stillvodka have you not sat back and thought of how many people in this forum you have now insulted the fuck out of? Who do you think you really are now?

Unless he gets some sympathy from Pint he won't be answering you Rick. :wink:

punkin

Postby Azframer » Tue May 17, 2016 2:03 am

I can't believe dude run off at the mouth like that with as many guys in here with tats. I am not even a guy with tats and he pissed me off.
Friends call me Rick
Azframer

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion