• Advertisement

I understood some of those words...

This is the junk yard of topics. For topics that don't fit anywhere else.

I understood some of those words...

Postby Bobtuse » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:29 am

Honey, "check to see if my nuts are still there, I can't feel my nuts!"
Bobtuse

Equipment type: 15.5 Gal modified SS keg boiler
Propane
Pot head
48"packed 2" copper VM column

Re: I understood some of those words...

Postby mort4 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:26 am

Totally incomprehensible, but the human spirit shines through :roflmao: :rkn:
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
mort4

Equipment type: 2"x50" copper VM, with 8" dixiedrifter reflux coil and SD torpedo.
2" potstill head, 36" liebig product condenser. Propane fired. Three plate SD bubbler.
Member of Hobby Distillers Association

Postby punkin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:57 am

What couldn't you get? All made perfect sense to me. Pluggers are thongs, footwear type.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... e+pluggers

woopdangers i'm not real sure about.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby sasquatch » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:42 pm

I understand these auzzie words.

http://guncarrier.com/australian-man-fa ... senal-wtf/

People, don't let this happen in Canada or the USA.
Take a stand.
sasquatch

Postby punkin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:46 pm

Carrying one of those replica assault rifles in a city here would get you shot dead by police.
We had a couple massacres and after 1996 laws stopped most people from owning semi automatic guns and everyone from owning automatic guns. The country is not the worse for that. Now we don't have random shooting massacres.

I understand a lot of US citizens feel that it's more important to be allowed to own any sort of weapon with no demonstration of need or restriction because someone hundreds of years ago said that you could, i really do.

But most of the world has decided that they don't want all the crazies owning assault rifles is all.
I also understand we are talking about replica guns in this instance, but the fact is that some things are just casualties of other things and the replica guns are casualties of the laws restricting people owning assault rifles.

I own two rifles by the way, legally licensed and registered guns.

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Kapea » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:42 pm

"I haven't been to the gym in years. The only gym I go to is Jim Beam..." :roflmao:
Kapea

Equipment type: 50mm x 1250mm copper & stainless VM column
50mm copper & stainless pot still
Modular multi-plate 4" bubbler

Postby Kapea » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:52 pm

It's not about crazies owning assault rifles. It's about the sane people who own guns that make crazies and the government think long and hard about attempting to perpetrate gun violence. It's no coincidence that the crazies choose gun-free zones to attack innocent people. It's no coincidence that the US cities with the strictest gun laws have the highest gun violence rates. Highest by orders of magnitude.
Kapea

Postby sasquatch » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Here is a good Auzzie read, even has a few good vids to watch.

http://www.truthology.org.au/index.php/ ... false-flag

QUOTES:

“I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians.” – George Mason, co-author of the 2nd Amendment.

“A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves.” – Richard Henry Lee.

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

“To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them.” – George Mason.

“The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.” – Alexander Hamilton.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe.” – Noah Webster.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin Franklin.

“A free people ought to be armed.” – George Washington.

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” – Thomas Jefferson.

“The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.” – George Washington.

“Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?” – Patrick Henry.
sasquatch

Postby punkin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:25 pm

Kapea wrote:It's not about crazies owning assault rifles. It's about the sane people who own guns that make crazies and the government think long and hard about attempting to perpetrate gun violence. It's no coincidence that the crazies choose gun-free zones to attack innocent people. It's no coincidence that the US cities with the strictest gun laws have the highest gun violence rates. Highest by orders of magnitude.

Really? You think if the citizens own guns it makes the govt think long and hard about attempting to perpetrate gun violence on them? You really honestly think that that is why your govt hasn't shot you?

That just blows my mind.

It doesn't work for one city to have tighter laws when you can drive an hour to the next city and buy whatever you want, that's why the statistics you're not quoting may be looking like that.
These things have to be on a national level.

I know this is an argument i can't win, because there's sentiment involved that overrides fact.
I miss the days when as a 10 year old i could walk in to any gun shop in my city and legally purchase a gun for myself, wrap it in a towel, get on a train with all the Saturday tourists to an outer town and go wandering in some paddocks shooting game. The folks on the train would strike up a conversation about what i expected to bag. Hell a rifle wrapped in a towel is a nod to respect only.
Nowadays if i got on a train with a gun wrapped in a towel there'd be pandamonium, the train would be evacuated and the riot squad would rock up. We're only talking 40 years ago to that 10 year old with a handful of 50 cent pieces in the sports store too.

The world is now a different place for better or worse and some things have to change to keep up with that, including not being as free as we were when it was the wild west. Eventually that pressure will tell.

Sasquatch, that stuff all looks pretty dated.
Here's some more recent ones.

'Nothing will ever be the same': Newtown parents on their enduring pain, leaving their children's bedrooms untouched and the siblings who don't understand they're gone

'I won't gloss over this,' Veronique Pozner, whose son Noah, six, was killed, told People. 'What happened to those kids was brutal. Nothing is ever going to be the same from that day forward.
'It's agonizing to see your baby's name on a grave.'

At least 28,000 children and teens were killed by guns over an 11-year-period
For every U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan during 11 years of war, at least 13 children were shot and killed in America.

http://gunwars.news21.com/2014/at-least ... ar-period/

punkin

Postby Mud » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Nothing good is going to come from a discussion about gun rights and gun control.
Specialization is for Kiwi.
Artisan Distilling Book
Mud

Equipment type: Keg based pot - sometimes propane powered but mostly electric

Postby punkin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:31 pm

Understood. I didn't start it but i will cease.

punkin

Postby Kapea » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:24 pm

The Second Amendment to the US Constitution was written and adopted specifically because the government did shoot its citizens with guns. It is more relevant now than when it was ratified 224 years ago.

There are more than 360 million guns in the US now. If the government seized 10,000 guns per day, every day, it would take 99 years to seize them all. That bell cannot be unrung.

There is a name for citizens who depend on the government to protect them from gun violence. They are called victims.
Kapea

Postby Bear River » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:44 pm

I typed then retyped a long winded comment here and I couldn't come up with something that seemed appropriate...

At the end of the day we are all justifiably upset with gun violence. I hope we can find common ground there, among other places.
Bear River

Postby sasquatch » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:44 pm

Mud wrote:Nothing good is going to come from a discussion about gun rights and gun control.

Most likely Mud.
but it is more relevant to this forum then you think.

Distillation of Alcohol or guns makes no difference.
It all comes down to we are not trusted and considered incompetent.
99% of us on this forum are breaking someones law because we learned an ancient craft.
This craft was handed down to me from my father. Its part of my heritage.

Lets all hold hands and sing an old favorite with me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF_a0-7xVQ
Together we stand, divided we fall.
sasquatch

Postby S-Cackalacky » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:06 pm

I didn't understand much of what them old boys were sayin', but I thought it was funny - the way they stole them ne'er-do-wells' keys and got some entertainment out of just sitting back and watching the reaction. Kinda like redneck ingenuity. Sometimes justice can be achieved in the simplest of ways.
S-Cackalacky

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion