• Advertisement

perhaps a forum section on alcoholism would be helpfull

This is the junk yard of topics. For topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: perhaps a forum section on alcoholism would be helpfull

Postby Mud » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:21 am

Pint weighed in. And there's not an alcoholism forum. So I'd say that's the definitive answer. Can everyone just drop the religious discussion now? Then no one will be offended, we won't need safe spaces and maybe Manu will stop being a pest (not likely)
Specialization is for Kiwi.
Artisan Distilling Book
Mud

Equipment type: Keg based pot - sometimes propane powered but mostly electric

Postby punkin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:03 pm

I have no idea why you two are even discussing this.Well i do and the eye that i said was going to be kept is still watching what i expected to unfold, unfold.

Can we get back away from this distracting bullshit over a simple phrase and to discussing what the topic was intended to discuss?

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby pintoshine » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:24 pm

+1
Distill safe. Make good cuts. Enjoy yourself. Give as much as you take. Have fun doing this incredibly hard work. Be a good example. It's your hobby.
pintoshine

Equipment type: 58L 1.1 meter LM still.
110L Artisan Still Design Hybrid 4 plate with oil filled jacket.
20L copper pot

Postby John Galt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:56 am

punkin wrote:I have no idea why you two are even discussing this.Well i do and the eye that i said was going to be kept is still watching what i expected to unfold, unfold.

Can we get back away from this distracting bullshit over a simple phrase and to discussing what the topic was intended to discuss?

Absolutely. No forum for distillers blaming themselves for people who can't control themselves. I drink my product as a quality test only, and then Mrs. Galt has the rest.

Kareljte does it different, he makes his product, over consumes, blames production and those with blessed assurance for his ills, and claims offense.

Thankfully, (note that there is no reference to deity) I'm an American who has liberty enough to say...I am blessed and thankful for my lot in life.
The problems we have today will not be solved with the same level of thinking with which we created them. Albert Einstein
John Galt

Postby Azframer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:23 pm

I was really hoping this thread would finally die, it had worked it's way down and here it is at the top again.
Friends call me Rick
Drank all night and I am still thirsty!
But I don't feel like I got to much blood in my alcyhol.
Azframer

Equipment type: 5 Gallon Pot Still, Dash1

Postby punkin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:26 pm

I think it's a good thread Rick. I think it's a good discussion topic that pertains to a lot of us. Hell, i'm an alcoholic no doubt.

I just don't think it needs the bullshit and i don't think it needs a full forum when the subject can be broached (as it has many times) in the relevant thread where it comes up. I don't think we should tipy-toe round it, but i don't know that we should give it too much either.

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Kareltje » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:23 pm

I have no Mrs to pass my drinks on. :mg:
I do not remember blaming someone or somewhat else for my ills.
But I might have forgotten that, drowned it in ethanol. :wink:
Kareltje

Postby Azframer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:20 pm

punkin wrote:I think it's a good thread Rick. I think it's a good discussion topic that pertains to a lot of us. Hell, i'm an alcoholic no doubt.

I just don't think it needs the bullshit and i don't think it needs a full forum when the subject can be broached (as it has many times) in the relevant thread where it comes up. I don't think we should tipy-toe round it, but i don't know that we should give it too much either.

It was getting side tracked a bit for a while. I really don't have a problem with alcohol, I had a drug problem and got it behind me and was careful not to replace one problem with another. I saw what alcohol has done to my dad,he is a functioning alcoholic. He is getting up in age and should cut down on drinking but if you talk to him about it all it will do is stir up an argument. I watched people deal with alcoholism and it damn sure is not in a distilling forum.
We have had members that have left participating in this forum because of the addiction to alcohol. When you have a problem with a substance you have to remove yourself from that substance altogether. That is how I dealt with my problem, I removed myself from that loop including friends that were in it and those he drug me into that world to begin with.
Friends call me Rick
Azframer

Postby Kareltje » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:17 pm

I really respect that you got rid of your drug problem.
But, considering your history and heritage, how did you prevent getting addicted to alcohol?
Kareltje

Postby Azframer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:41 am

Kareltje wrote:I really respect that you got rid of your drug problem.
But, considering your history and heritage, how did you prevent getting addicted to alcohol?

Maybe it skipped me, not sure I don't really drink that much. I drank more when I was younger. I don't have to drink, I enjoy a drink when I feel like it,I don't have to get drunk when I drink. My younger sister seems to be more like my dad in that sense, functioning and all that, pretty much needs a drink every day. I can actually go months at a time without touching a drop.
I was in Walmart tonight and saw a 1.75 liter of Jim Beam with a sample bottle of the Jim Beam Apple on the top and picked it up $22 and change. Not that fond of the Apple, I'll drink it, but won't search it out and buy it.
Friends call me Rick
Azframer

Postby stillvodka » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:58 am

Are you a 'Alcoholic' or do you abuse alcohol? these are two different things

When I was a teenager about 14 , be out drinking with friends every night, we would buy couple gallons rough cider, sit in the park get pissed for the fun of it, We were 'Alcohol abusers', never ever made me a 'Alcoholic' I am 50 year old now, only time I have a drink is Friday Saturday nothing at all up till this point. I have been doing this for years

recon in this day and age with all the crap we get chucked at us, people pointing fingers informing you that 'You' are a alcoholic, when you are not!

my definition of a alcoholic is a person who would get through half a bottle of vodka before dinner 7days a week, You aint no alcoholic if you get home from work and pour yourself few a VATs :)
stillvodka

Postby punkin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:24 pm

punkin

Postby Pa_bon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:57 pm

AZ is right on target. Jim Beam is middle shelf stuff here. $20-$25 a bottle.
Overhead the albatross
Hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves
An echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine

Pink Floyd
Pa_bon

Postby Azframer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:46 pm

punkin wrote:Fuck AZ $22! Here it's over $100

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/D ... skey-1-75l

I saw the Jack on the shelf next to it, I think it is around $38. I am not all that fond of the Jack, I actually prefer the Beam over Jack myself, much smoother drink to me. I drink my whiskey neat, no ice either. I keep the bottle in the freezer and ice is not needed.
I had said this before somewhere that I always drank with mixers until I started making my own. Once I started making my own I never mix a drink, not even the store bought stuff. I think the mixes and not just drink on type of alcohol contributed to the hangover and nausea the following day after hard partying.
Friends call me Rick
Azframer

Postby Azframer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:24 pm

BTW I don't think the Jim Beam Apple is going to do all that great. I am sure someone might like it, to me it made me think of a heads taste added without actual heads being in it. I would have been confused as fuck trying to make cuts on that by taste. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Friends call me Rick
Azframer

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion