• Advertisement

What will this do with our hobby?

This is the junk yard of topics. For topics that don't fit anywhere else.

What will this do with our hobby?

Postby Kareltje » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:03 am

Stumbled upon this article:

https://futurism.com/a-hangover-free-al ... velopment/

What will be the consequences for our hobby? Is the risk to become alcoholic gone too? Can we make this substance at home?
Is this paradise** on earth?
Questions, questions, questions.

**(It sounds like the islamic paradise, where you can drink wine without getting a headache. Served by women with beautiful eyes or by young men who do not grow older. Buet then you have to have lived a righteous life and you have to be dead.)
Kareltje

Re: What will this do with our hobby?

Postby ElectricEd » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 am

I make clean spirit from a 200 litre TPW. I get about 22-23 litres around 92% ABV through 12 or 13 plates.
It doesn't matter wether I use it for vodka, gin or absinthe, you can get yourself legless on it and wake up the following morning with no hangover and as bright as a spark.
My theory is that it is not ethanol that's the problem, it's the methanol, ethyl acetate, acetone and all the other alcohols that the corporates are slack at taking out.
Try it yourself, using a good reflux still, wait until you are well into the hearts before taking off product and kill the run when the percentage drops to 85%. I find below 85% the stinkies start and ruin the run.
Tax?
What's that?
ElectricEd

Equipment type: 2 inch BOKA/LM/VM over 8 4x3x4 inch bubble plates + 1 bubble plate under a 4 inch section under the dephlagmator (RC).
2 inch Pot still.
2 inch to 4 inch Gin head.
2 x 1.2 mtre Leibig condensors.
2 inch x 800 mm shotgun condenser.

Postby just sayin' » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:18 am

Clean booze plus liberal hydration and B complex & vitamin C yields no headaches. Urine still smells like hell, I am sure I am not escaping the fruits of my excess, but. No headaches.
just sayin'

Postby sasquatch » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:10 am

Puking is the bodies way to handle OD'ing.
No puking might lead to death or organ damage.
sasquatch

Return to Off Topic Discussion