• Advertisement

ADI 2015

Something interesting going on where you live, maybe we would like to know.

My ADI 2015

Postby sugarcreek » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:58 pm

I certainly missed meeting everyone but I was a bit busy on vacation with the family.

my_adi.resized.jpg
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? ~Jack Handey
sugarcreek

Re: ADI 2015

Postby Mud » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Welp, Pop and I had a good time. He's a refined sort of guy but I was in awe of all the pretty lights and whatnot. VB's still was a huge attraction. The booth (really VB) smelled of maple syrup and bacon which didn't hurt anything. And there were more people selling glass than you could shake a stick at. I bumped into Dad300 and we chatted for a bit. Would have liked to have spent a few more minutes at that.

We ate like kings, and drank like idiots. At one tour I drank a Glencairn glass worth of 3 different barrel strength whiskeys plus some white dog directly from the spirit safe. My recommendation: put your barrel in a very warm spot when aging. When one can easily drink 127 proof 3 year old bourbon you know they're doing something right in the rickhouse. The white dog was 150 proof. Dear God don't ever do that. My liver still hurts.
Specialization is for Kiwi.
Artisan Distilling Book
Mud

Equipment type: Keg based pot - sometimes propane powered but mostly electric

Postby vb » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:10 am

Yes when your tour is arranged by Pint-O-Shine himself, the master distiller is the one who plays tour guide, and opens doors that no one else gets to see behind.
its good to have friends who know people.
See You Next Tuesday.
vb

Equipment type: yes, and lots of it

Postby Pop Larkin » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:38 am

Holy mother of god. What a GREAT time, !!! I only had to bail Mud out of jail 3 times so all in all it was a good time ! :?
As previously reported, Pint-o really laid on a great day. Back stage passes at both distilleries we toured. Got 3 barrels tapped for us to sample. Impressive. Pinto is a rock star in this industry ! :rkn:
The ADi convention was my first. Its truly amazing the level that craft spirit movement has attained and operates at. Im truly honored to be a part of it all. Seriously !

But no matter how hard I stamped my foot & screamed & screamed, VB wouldn't give me one of those beautiful shiney stills of his :cry: Guess I'll have to start saving ! But I have to have one !

But thanks to the whole crew for such a great time !

DownToEartWIthABumNow Pop
"It's an old trick but it just might work"
Pop Larkin

Equipment type: 100 cup coffee urn Pot Still with "RumBull" style Scotch Sankey head.

Postby vb » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:08 am

Pop Larkin wrote:But no matter how hard I stamped my foot & screamed & screamed, VB wouldn't give me one of those beautiful shiney stills of his :cry: Guess I'll have to start saving ! But I have to have one !

if you'd bid on the little one that got auctioned off for charity, you might have had a chance.
it did go for a good discount below retail price, but I'd get you a better deal then that even.
See You Next Tuesday.
vb

Equipment type: yes, and lots of it

Postby Bushman » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:40 am

3d0g wrote:Yes, put faces to many of the online handles, made many new friends. Seems a lot of us are at a similar point in chasing our spiritous dream.

That was one of the joys when I attended the conference last year in Seattle. The lunches were also a bonus sitting with forum members that are excited about what is happening with the craft distillation and getting into meaningful dialog.
Bushman

Equipment type: I have a VM still with a 2" column and a keg for a boiler and a 4" CM still that runs on electric heat.

Postby Pop Larkin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:25 pm

VB, You ROCK !!!! :rkn: :rkn: :rkn: :rkn: :rkn: :rkn: :rkn:

My plans are slowly coming together so I may show up on your doorstep at any time, so check to see who's knocking at your door before ya open it :wink:

GiveMeANiceSHineyASDStill Pop
"It's an old trick but it just might work"
Pop Larkin

Equipment type: 100 cup coffee urn Pot Still with "RumBull" style Scotch Sankey head.

Previous

Return to Fairs and Conventions