• Advertisement

Proof 2015

Something interesting going on where you live, maybe we would like to know.

Proof 2015

Postby Bushman » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:29 am

Is anyone from the PNW planning on attending?
http://proofwashington.org
Bushman

Equipment type: I have a VM still with a 2" column and a keg for a boiler and a 4" CM still that runs on electric heat.

Re: Proof 2015

Postby Bushman » Tue May 19, 2015 8:50 am

Giving this a bump as tickets are now available.
Bushman

Equipment type: I have a VM still with a 2" column and a keg for a boiler and a 4" CM still that runs on electric heat.

Postby Bushman » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:23 am

I enjoyed the event! It was held in a large facility with a lot of local micro distilleries from both Washington and Oregon. I am guessing that more than 1000 people payed to sample drinks and purchase from the different distilleries.
Bushman

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Somehow I missed this thread. I was there also, with some friends.

I've heard about nocino for years, have never tasted it, and I've tried to score green walnuts to make it, but at Proof, there were two distillers making it, and I tasted both. Did you taste that weird beet vodka?

It would have been better if someone had thrown a brick through those damned speakers. Everyone had to scream to be heard, and this at a place where we were expected to exchange information.
Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller http://www.kelleybarts.com/zymurgy-bob- ... e-spirits/

You can make whisky in a reflux still, you can make vodka in a potstill,
and you can eat chicken noodle soup with a crescent wrench. But...
Zymurgy Bob

Equipment type: 60L unpacked 20"x2", propane, with Liebig

Postby Bushman » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Darn, sorry I missed you! I was helping at one of the booths and was the designated driver. A lot of members from one of the other forums met up at Proof and on Sunday we had a big BBQ with everyone bringing something they made to sample. BigBob came up from San Francisco area and did an unbelievable job on the ribs with a special rub he makes.
Bushman

Postby punkin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:02 pm

What did you think of the noncino Bob?

I think it's the sweetened version of the grunne nuice i copied from Pint. I have some thats five years old or more in the cupboard.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Punkin, the first one I tasted was great, with a very complex flavor. The second was somewhat stronger and even more complex, and may have almost been too much for me. Anyway, I liked them both, but still can't make up my mind which was my favorite.

Since nocino is a kissing cousin to your grüne nüsse (I don't know how to type umlauts; I just copy-paste 'em), they've got to have a lot in common.

Although walnuts grow well in out climate and location, I don't currently have access to a walnut tree. Damn.
Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller http://www.kelleybarts.com/zymurgy-bob- ... e-spirits/

You can make whisky in a reflux still, you can make vodka in a potstill,
and you can eat chicken noodle soup with a crescent wrench. But...
Zymurgy Bob

Equipment type: 60L unpacked 20"x2", propane, with Liebig

Return to Fairs and Conventions