• Advertisement

PNW BBQ 2016

Are you planning a camping trip or cook out others would like to know about?

PNW BBQ 2016

Postby Bear River » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Last year (with help) I organized a BBQ in the Pacific North West for distillers at my home. The meet was set the day after Proof. Proof-Washington Distillers Festival is the flagship tasting event for the craft distilleries that make up the Washington Distillers Guild.

I would provide a link to the proof website but I do not want to break any rules.

It was my regret last year by not extending this offer to other distilling forums and we missed out on meeting several wonderful people, at least one of which was at Proof with us and I didn't even know it.

If you are an established member here then please consider yourself invited to my home for a BBQ the following day after Proof. That falls on July 10, 2016, starting at approximately 1pm. We had a great turnout last year and filled a table with top notch spirits that blew away the selection at Proof. Some folks got on a plane to make it and it sounds like they may again this year. We will have food, drinks, and ice available. However, you can feel free to bring whatever you would like to share or cook.

PM me for my home address if you would like to attend. If you are traveling or at a hotel (as was the case last year for some) then we can organize carpooling for both days. We are approximately 30-45 minutes south of Seattle in the Lake Tapps area.
Bear River

Re: PNW BBQ 2016

Postby Swedish Pride » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:10 am

Not many going from this forum or have you pissed folks off ? :)

I'd love to come , but a bit to far for me to make it.

I'm sure your house will be packed as is, have one for me will ya
Swedish Pride

Postby Bear River » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Swedish Pride wrote:Not many going from this forum or have you pissed folks off ? :)

I am under the impression that many of the members here are down under. Like you that would work out to a LOOOOOONG expensive plane ride.

I appreciate your goodwill and will raise a glass in your honor. :D
Bear River

Postby punkin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Nah, there's only a handfull of shackledraggers here, we're just really vocal :roflmao:

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Mud » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:28 pm

shackledraggers :roflmao:
Specialization is for Kiwi.
Artisan Distilling Book
Mud

Equipment type: Keg based pot - sometimes propane powered but mostly electric

Postby Squint » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:42 am

Too far for me, thanks for the offer

I'm living on a wet miserable Island, them there shackledraggers got the best deal :D
Squint

Equipment type: It's all gone to a new home,

Sad, really Sad I am.

Postby Bushman » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:03 am

Bear, I think I still have your address in my GPS if not will get it from you later. Got a book on smoking and the smoked ribs with the rub were fantastic. Might have to challenge BigBob but I know what a challenge that would be!
Bushman

Equipment type: I have a VM still with a 2" column and a keg for a boiler and a 4" CM still that runs on electric heat.

Return to Local Get Togethers