• Advertisement

MB Canada meetup for fellow stillers

Are you planning a camping trip or cook out others would like to know about?

MB Canada meetup for fellow stillers

Postby Swede » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:43 am

If there are any members here who would like to meet up in the coolest, (okay, coldest city/province) in this fine country we have here, lets start a thread and see who we all are, and see if we can set up a get together. Please feel free to contact via PM or the thread and lets see who is all here in the fine prov. of mb and compare notes. I hope to God that I am not the only one here. Lets hear it fellas. (Unless you're from Lundar) LOL :oops: :doh: :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If you're from MB you'll know what I mean :(BTW all the finest rednecks are from the largest city in the province , Lundar MB.

iDONTwANTtObEasHITdISTURBERhEREbUTicANThELPiTsOMETIMES
Swede

Equipment type: 9000w 30gal electric double boiler with jacket generated direct steam injection/PWM controller with PID temp control for automated shutdown, column temp monitoring, and mash-in-pot, 4" Stainless 4 Tray bubble cap/wier type downcomer column

Re: MB Canada meetup for fellow stillers

Postby frostbite » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:43 am

I am a neighbor directly south in ND.
PPPPPP

No winter as I understand the term!
frostbite

Equipment type: 2" X 56 column 3"vm head ( new, changed from 3"LM head) 2" stripping/pot head with 45" 1" X 3/4 liebig 15gal keg,propane, 15 gal electric.

Postby Swede » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:20 am

Sounds fairly close. I cannot head south thanks to the new laws stateside however. :(
I'd need one of those darn passports and I dont have one :x Thing's cant be any warmer down there than they are here, except that when we say it's 30 below outside that means -30C, not -30F. Still bloody cold though.
Swede

Equipment type: 9000w 30gal electric double boiler with jacket generated direct steam injection/PWM controller with PID temp control for automated shutdown, column temp monitoring, and mash-in-pot, 4" Stainless 4 Tray bubble cap/wier type downcomer column

Postby Mud » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 am

Are you sure you need a passport? Couple years ago, after some laws were changed, Canada let us in with just a driver's license for ID.
Specialization is for Kiwi.
Artisan Distilling Book
Mud

Equipment type: Keg based pot - sometimes propane powered but mostly electric

Postby minime » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:45 am

Mud wrote:Are you sure you need a passport? Couple years ago, after some laws were changed, Canada let us in with just a driver's license for ID.

We'll let you in with a drivers license but your own boarder patrol officers might not let you back into your own country without a passport. Actually I don't think they can do that but they will give you hard time about it.

Wish I could join the party but it's too far away for me. :(
Never save the best for last!
minime

Equipment type: VM enthusiast.

Postby Mud » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:13 am

This was at Niagara Falls. They were probably happy to get rid of the tourists.
Specialization is for Kiwi.
Artisan Distilling Book
Mud

Equipment type: Keg based pot - sometimes propane powered but mostly electric

Postby mort4 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:08 pm

The passport is now required to enter the US, we have to have it if we ever decide we want to drive from here to our own country :screwy: We haven't got ours yet. It's been one of those laws that they got so much static about that they kept putting off enforcing but it is in effect now.
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
mort4

Equipment type: 2"x50" copper VM, with 8" dixiedrifter reflux coil and SD torpedo.
2" potstill head, 36" liebig product condenser. Propane fired. Three plate SD bubbler.
Member of Hobby Distillers Association

Postby Rebel_Yell » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:18 pm

mort4 wrote:The passport is now required to enter the US, we have to have it if we ever decide we want to drive from here to our own country :screwy: We haven't got ours yet. It's been one of those laws that they got so much static about that they kept putting off enforcing but it is in effect now.

Some folks say that you need a passport to leave port and to return... on the same boat.... that you own???
Your results may vary..
I would rather teach a pig to sing than argue with an Idiot.
Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad,
is a full minute of happiness you'll never get back.
Rebel_Yell

Postby mort4 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:37 am

As of June 2009, you need a passport to re-enter US waters. If you've crossed the border you need it to get back in.
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
mort4

Equipment type: 2"x50" copper VM, with 8" dixiedrifter reflux coil and SD torpedo.
2" potstill head, 36" liebig product condenser. Propane fired. Three plate SD bubbler.
Member of Hobby Distillers Association

Postby Izzy_Britton » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:49 am

i think the only other way around this is if your on a cruise ship. but they still give you hell.
I Z Z Y
I wrote:Being broke with ideas sucks
Izzy_Britton

Equipment type: NO Equipment :(

Postby punkin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:11 am

I'm fairly sure it's cause of these laws here

It'sTheNewRickrollPunkin

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Blackhound » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm in Dauphin, but work in Winnipeg. I'll be bringing some Vodka and "Death Wish Wheat germ" Whiskey back down for the boys to sample on Tuesday morning. Unfortunately, I'll only be in Winnipeg for 8 more days and then I have a contract in West Virgina for a year and, well, I won't have time to run the still!

Nontheless, it would be nice to keep in touch!

BH
BH.
Blackhound

Equipment type: Pot/Reflux 5 Gal. 301 SS Boiler, 240V/30A, 6KW PID w/Variac control, 2"X56" Cu Column, 2"X24" Double wall flow thru condenser. Packing-283' of 0.25"X0.25" Cu

Postby Swede » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:39 pm

Nice to see a local on the board here. Welcome Blackhound.

Check your PM's :) :beer:

Swede
Swede

Postby axle1960 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Swede wrote:If there are any members here who would like to meet up in the coolest, (okay, coldest city/province) in this fine country we have here, lets start a thread and see who we all are, and see if we can set up a get together.

I'm close in Alberta but I will agree that MB is colder then AB, especially in the summer. :roflmao:
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.
axle1960

Equipment type: Beer Keg Boiler on Propane, 2" Offset LM & 3" Boka (all stainless), more to be built.

Postby grunger » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:24 am

I'm originaly from swan river. Pm me
I'm not buying and I'm not selling.
grunger

Equipment type: Potstill 50L keg

Return to Local Get Togethers