• Advertisement

American Distiller's Conference

Are you planning a camping trip or cook out others would like to know about?

American Distiller's Conference

Postby pintoshine » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:15 am

Bill Owens asked me to talk up his conference because the attendance seems to be a bit low.
I am signed up to go to it.
http://www.distilling.com/
I have to give Bill Credit because he does call me and want to just BS once in a while.
This years conference is brandy and is around the Oakland CA area. Well at least that is where I am flying into and staying.
It would be nice to see some others there that don't live too far away or have nothing better to do and the extra cash. Last years conference practically, was in my back yard. All that was missing was the tents.
So I'll be in California the 2nd through the 6th. I am lucky I get to fly standby. Need I say CHEAP????
Distill safe. Make good cuts. Enjoy yourself. Give as much as you take. Have fun doing this incredibly hard work. Be a good example. It's your hobby.
pintoshine

Equipment type: 58L 1.1 meter LM still.
110L Artisan Still Design Hybrid 4 plate with oil filled jacket.
20L copper pot

Re: American Distiller's Conference

Postby glassman » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:34 am

was hoping the conference would be on the east coast like last year. would have loved the tour of vendome. i will be going to the ttb con in june........about a 6hr drive. gman
glassman

Postby pintoshine » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Next years convention is going to be a whiskey and moonshine conference :D
It will be around the Louisville KY area in specific at Huber's Winery and convention center.
Hubers has a nice distillery also.

I really like the Brandy convention.
I was able to talk to so many interesting people including people who build breweries, stills, absinthe makers, distillers, printer and such.
Distill safe. Make good cuts. Enjoy yourself. Give as much as you take. Have fun doing this incredibly hard work. Be a good example. It's your hobby.
pintoshine

Equipment type: 58L 1.1 meter LM still.
110L Artisan Still Design Hybrid 4 plate with oil filled jacket.
20L copper pot

Postby RumBull » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Pintoshine at the Brandy convention. Regretably, I only noticed his name tag at the end of the last day. We did get to share a few stories before we had to leave.
Thanks for sharing Pint, you are the real deal!
RumBull

Equipment type: sankey scotch style pot still

Return to Local Get Togethers