• Advertisement

Farmers Copper

If you are testing new material or old materials in a new way, tell us about it.

Farmers Copper

Postby byubuk » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:08 am

I just ordered some material from these people. They are very friendly and have great prices. The website is new and does not list any pricing, but they are very competitive. www.farmerscopper.com
byubuk

Equipment type: 4" 8 plate column, 2" potstill . 4" 6 plate column adopted out to a good home.

Re: Farmers Copper

Postby zedzedtop » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:37 am

Might give a call and see what they want for 4'' x 1/8'' copper circles. Would at least save me cutting them out of sheets and having scrap.
'Bubble cap plates are better for batch distillation than perforated plates' - Benjamin Franklin

Fortune cookie: Your whole family are well
zedzedtop

Equipment type: 25G pot, gas or 4500w
pot head or 4'' 3plate bubbler, cm

Postby Fester » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 am

competitive to what? I could not get any information.
what do you do? email them and ask for a quote on a specific item you want, then wait for a response to compare prices with other companies that post their prices?
Why do they hide every detail? Quality, quantity, price, size, shape, packaging, shipping, availability. All hidden.

If you have specific details and think its a good price please share with us. Also post after you receive the items. That will tell us even more.
VisionStills
The best distilling hardware at the best prices.
Fester

Postby Fester » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 am

Ok, I sent an email thingy from their website to request a price of a known item (to me) to compare to.

We will see what happens
VisionStills
Fester

Postby msh » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Seems that many companies that cater to industrial buyers have the request-a-quote thing going on. It's a personal quirk, but I don't like having to provide information and wonder if I'll end up in a phone discussion when all I want is a price. So, I only buy stuff from companies that have visible prices. I may be losing money by not jumping through the hoops, but I'm willing to pay more to not have to interact with sales people.
msh

Equipment type: 6 gallon pot still
5 gallon plastic bucket
large spoon with handle that's too short.

Postby Mud » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:53 pm

msh wrote:Seems that many companies that cater to industrial buyers have the request-a-quote thing going on. It's a personal quirk, but I don't like having to provide information and wonder if I'll end up in a phone discussion when all I want is a price. So, I only buy stuff from companies that have visible prices. I may be losing money by not jumping through the hoops, but I'm willing to pay more to not have to interact with sales people.

Me, too.
Specialization is for Kiwi.
Artisan Distilling Book
Mud

Equipment type: Keg based pot - sometimes propane powered but mostly electric

Postby Fester » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Got a speedy reply:

"Price for 4" DWV would be roughly $31.63/ft. This is only sold in 20' sticks, & we would have to go mill direct. This is not an item that we currently have in stock."

Not cheap but it is a fair price.
Good catch, byubuk, it's always good to have more sources. They are located in Galveston, Texas and have a branch in San Antonio.

I like that if they don't have it in stock they are honest enough to say so and will arrange a drop ship from the mill for you.
VisionStills
Fester

Postby byubuk » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 pm

I only ordered some copper sheet for a build I'm in the middle of. 1/16" thick, 16" x 18" was like $36.00 plus shipping. They young lady I spoke with was very helpful, and emailed me a sheet with every tube and fitting they handle. She said to request a quote on the items and she would put together a price. Might be a good deal to get some buddies together and make one order.
byubuk

Equipment type: 4" 8 plate column, 2" potstill . 4" 6 plate column adopted out to a good home.

Postby zedzedtop » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:35 am

http://store.metalliferous.com/products.asp?dept=3038

Pretty good deal I think. Am looking for 1/8 though. Maybe I'll make 1/16 work....
'Bubble cap plates are better for batch distillation than perforated plates' - Benjamin Franklin

Fortune cookie: Your whole family are well
zedzedtop

Equipment type: 25G pot, gas or 4500w
pot head or 4'' 3plate bubbler, cm

Postby NineInchNails » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Some of the best suppliers do not list their prices, but I agree ... it is annoying to not be able to 'quick shop'. For example, I've actually stumbled upon a company that can provide Tri-Clamp fittings cheaper than any other place that I've found ... and I've spent many of hours shopping & comparing prices. This company doesn't list their prices or even an accurate list of all their fittings either. I just email them with a list of what I want, the reply pretty quick with a quote. I call & pay over the phone. www.csidesigns.com

Prices of metals fluctuate too often to keep an accurate up-to-date price list especially when the fittings are purchased by container load. Best prices I've ever found ... most of the common fittings are around 43% - 50% lower than retail.
NineInchNails

Equipment type: .
3" Stainless VM (5' column)
3" Stainless Pot Still

Postby thepatchworkdoll » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi Fester I recently shared the price of a 3 metre length of 108mm x 1.5mm copper piping with Samohon from HD and it cost us £49 per lin metre. I think thats about as good as it gets in the UK.
Regards
Thepatchworkdoll
thepatchworkdoll

Equipment type: 1500 x 54 coppper column packed with SPP, VM Proportional Splitting Head on 50 ltr keg. 4 plate 4" Bubble Cap on 50 ltr keg. 2" Standard Pot Still on 50 ltr keg.

Return to Materials