• Advertisement

Condenser, flexible stainless tube

These usually have the means for returning the spirits to the column and usually allow metering of the take off to help in the reflux.

Condenser, flexible stainless tube

Postby The Baker » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Hi,
You know those TV ads, 'but wait, there's more' or 'and you get stainless steel knives too'.

Usually a pain in the butt.

In Australia (and in other countries on google) they have just started advertising ('not available in stores!' ) hercules hose, some advertise five-eighth inch and I think some advertise half-inch.

It SEEMS it is stainless, sort of woven on the diagonal, and 'armoured' with stainless wrapped around that.

Don't know any more about it but it MAY be ideal (and inexpensive) for those flexible tubes used to make condensers.

Geoff
The Baker

Equipment type: Pot still

Re: Condenser, flexible stainless tube

Postby S-Cackalacky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 am

I saw those advertised here in the US a while back and wondered the same thing. I just figured it must have some sort of waterproof liner (rubber?) inside, otherwise I don't see how it could be leak proof and also flexible with just ss.

I used CSST gas line tubing for my RC and dimroth PC. It can be easily shaped into a coil by hand, but it's not what I would describe as flexible.
S-Cackalacky

Postby Y1969 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:45 pm

This is an ordinary shower hose. Only it's long. Inside, it has a chlorovinyl hose.
If you want a corrugated stainless steel pipe, look at those.

Y1969

Equipment type: packed column

Postby The Baker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Thanks, Y.

Geoff
The Baker

Equipment type: Pot still

Postby sugarcreek » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:09 pm

We built a mash cooler inside of the mash tun using 300 ft of 1 1/4 CSST. It's kind of a bitch to clean but otherwise does a great job.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? ~Jack Handey
sugarcreek

Return to Packed Columns