• Advertisement

Hi from New Mexico.....

Here is the place to say hello to our newest member.
Forum rules
All new users are confined to this section. In order to be promoted out of the Novice and into the regular Distiller, you have to demonstrate maturity, a certain level of distilling and fermenting knowledge. You must also prove that you are helpful to others and not have a propensity toward bad attitude.
You will be promoted out of this section once the demonstration is complete. I hope these goals are enough to allow you to grow out of the Novice Distillers.
If any of your first twenty-five posts is a link to another site or an advertisement of any kind you will be considered a spammer. The account will be deleted and all posts removed. Your IP address, e-mail address and user name will reported to http://www.StopForumSpam.com

Hi from New Mexico.....

Postby Alchemist75 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Oh, I've defected from HD or maybe it's just dual citizenship.....
Just based on what I've seen on these forums it seems like certain subjects are treated with more open and progressive attitudes and so I figure it'll have a different angle in terms of the information available. Been running stills over 20 years now and not strictly for the purposes of making hooch.....
I've been running glass stills for over 20 years now and have no shame in saying so.
Alchemist75

Equipment type: All glass equipment, highly modular borosilicate lab glass. Volumes and configurations vary including a copper packed passive reflux apparatus and a modular glass thumper set up.

Re: Hi from New Mexico.....

Postby Pa_bon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Welcome in.
Overhead the albatross
Hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves
An echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine

Pink Floyd
Pa_bon

Postby Kareltje » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Hey, you too here again?

Same reason I came here, but HD is a larger community, more to do.
About your subscription: last week I bought a glass still, still not unpacked it though.
Is that why you fled? Or is this question too personal? :?
Kareltje

Postby Alchemist75 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Oh I haven't fled, I admitted openly on HD that I run on glass and I was never brow beaten for it. I actually was able to provide an educated opinion regarding it so I think it was left alone. HD is a great forum, it has a lot of useful information on it and great wisdom as well but I like what I see here too. Rather than living in denial about the use of things like glass or silicone it's actually openly discussed here. I think just poo pooing a subject based on a paranoid opinion isn't terribly useful, the better approach is to talk about the safety, management and reality based on education or experience. Honestly I think there is more potential for disaster if a given subject is just swept under the carpet rather than discussing it in an open and intelligent way. Knowledge is power. Yeah, there are dos and don'ts when using glass rigging but the same can be said for all copper, steel, ceramic and etc. I feel more liberated to speak about my technology on this forum but otherwise I take no issue with HD, they're just purists.
I've been running glass stills for over 20 years now and have no shame in saying so.
Alchemist75

Equipment type: All glass equipment, highly modular borosilicate lab glass. Volumes and configurations vary including a copper packed passive reflux apparatus and a modular glass thumper set up.

Postby punkin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Welcome, have access.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Pikey » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi Alchemist, Welcome in :8)

I got some really sensible answers over here to a problem I had regarding material which woud have caused a huge problem on HD. Great forum over there and over here.

If we try to use this one as much as posiible, and increase the post rate, hopefully it can become very active too.
Pikey

Postby Kareltje » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice answer! I feel with you.
Kareltje

Postby sasquatch » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Some real nice people living down in your area of the world.
Taos is an amazing place.
sasquatch

Postby The Baker » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:47 pm

sasquatch wrote:Some real nice people living down in your area of the world.
Taos is an amazing place.

Ah, yes.

The home town of Deputy Marshal Sam McCloud of Taos, New Mexico, who was on loan to the New York City Police Department.

Loved that TV show. How about the time he tied his horse to a car and the car drove off....

Geoff
The Baker

Equipment type: Pot still

Postby Alchemist75 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:17 pm

The only state, to my knowledge, where cattle rustling is still a problem from time to time....
Alchemist75

Postby punkin » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Big problem here. All the major country centres have stock squads as part of the regular police dept. Cattle and sheep.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby dukethebeagle120 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Pikey wrote:Hi Alchemist, Welcome in :8)

I got some really sensible answers over here to a problem I had regarding material which woud have caused a huge problem on HD. Great forum over there and over here.

If we try to use this one as much as posiible, and increase the post rate, hopefully it can become very active too.

i agree with pikey.
from time to time some members can get ``crabby```
also seem to be paranoid on protocol and materials-equipement
all in all it is a great site though
its better to think stupid but keep ur mouth shut
then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
dukethebeagle120

Equipment type: 15.5 gallon primary and 50 ltr primary.interchangeable.2- 30 ltr finishing barrels.
all changeable as thumper-primary.48 inch liebig condensor.36`` 2``reflux column with cooling coil.
steamer wand.mop bucket.55 gallon fermentor.mashing 100 lbs of grain a shot

Return to Welcome New User