• Advertisement

Hello from the NW Pennsylvania region

Here is the place to say hello to our newest member.
Forum rules
All new users are confined to this section. In order to be promoted out of the Novice and into the regular Distiller, you have to demonstrate maturity, a certain level of distilling and fermenting knowledge. You must also prove that you are helpful to others and not have a propensity toward bad attitude.
You will be promoted out of this section once the demonstration is complete. I hope these goals are enough to allow you to grow out of the Novice Distillers.
If any of your first twenty-five posts is a link to another site or an advertisement of any kind you will be considered a spammer. The account will be deleted and all posts removed. Your IP address, e-mail address and user name will reported to http://www.StopForumSpam.com

Hello from the NW Pennsylvania region

Postby Blackstrap » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:01 am

Hello from the NW Pennsylvania region... Lurked here for quite some time. Have read a lot, and have malted, brewed, fermented and distilled enough to get tipsy on :) (I'm still alive, not blind, in good health physically...still waiting to hear back about the mental state... :? Haha) so I must be doing OK so far. I enjoy what I make. Currently I malt, dry, mill, brew and distill on my own, I'm in good with the local feed store owner and a couple neighboring farmers :D That is always a plus... I've also configured my own 3 vessel 15 gallon HERMs brew station, and 15 gallon still both are all electric wired for 220v and have both a PID with SSR (for brewing) and SSVR with Potentiometer (for distilling)

I'm not here to brag or show off, for I could not have accomplished much without the great advice of the members of the distilling forums. This being one of them. You all rock :rkn: I'm hoping to continue learning more, reading some of the humerus or serious adventures and hone the art and craft of creating the Water of Life. :wink:

Thank You for permitting my participation
Blackstrap
Attachments
IMAG0654 - Copy.jpg
HERMs Brewing setup
IMAG0720 - Copy.jpg
HLT doubles as my Still
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde
Blackstrap

Equipment type: 15 gallon 3 vessel 2 tier HERMs Brew System

15 gallon Keggle Pot Type still with 3 foot partial column added thumper and 1inch over 1/2 inch liebig condenser 40" long. 70 gallon cooler reservoir, aquarium pump plumbed with 1/2 inch cooling lines.

Re: Hello from the NW Pennsylvania region

Postby Azframer » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:15 pm

Welcome aboard.
Friends call me Rick
Drank all night and I am still thirsty!
But I don't feel like I got to much blood in my alcyhol.
Azframer

Equipment type: 5 Gallon Pot Still, Dash1

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Well, it sounds like you're serious. :D
Welcome to a great forum, and it looks like you may elevate us a bit. God knows we need it.
Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller http://www.kelleybarts.com/zymurgy-bob- ... e-spirits/

You can make whisky in a reflux still, you can make vodka in a potstill,
and you can eat chicken noodle soup with a crescent wrench. But...
Zymurgy Bob

Equipment type: 60L unpacked 20"x2", propane, with Liebig

Postby punkin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Welcome, have access.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Blackstrap » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:24 am

Thanks for the warm welcome... :rkn: Hopefully as much as I learn (and will continue to do so) I hope that I can share, even if it's just a smile or a laugh... I am by no means a teacher, or a chemist, but I love this "Hobby" (more of an addiction). If there is any questions you may have, maybe I can answer with the lessons learned from my failures and successes. It never hurts to ask, unless it is to punch or kick you, then that may even leave a mark :roflmao:
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde
Blackstrap

Equipment type: 15 gallon 3 vessel 2 tier HERMs Brew System

15 gallon Keggle Pot Type still with 3 foot partial column added thumper and 1inch over 1/2 inch liebig condenser 40" long. 70 gallon cooler reservoir, aquarium pump plumbed with 1/2 inch cooling lines.

Postby Bushman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:57 am

Welcome your handle lends me to believe you also like rum. Looking forward to reading your posts.
Bushman

Equipment type: I have a VM still with a 2" column and a keg for a boiler and a 4" CM still that runs on electric heat.

Return to Welcome New User