• Advertisement

Big Flats 1901

We occasionally get to try each other work/art. If you would like to critique a members beverages then it should be here.

Big Flats 1901

Postby kenfyoozed » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:32 pm

I found out his week, that Walgreen ( US Store) is selling their our private label beer. Big Flats 1901 brewed by Genesee Brewing Co. It is selling for 3.49 a six pack. So i had to try it :roflmao: . Well better than expected. Im not much of a beer drinker. My choices are Coors, for everyday beer drinking, Sam Adams for when we go out to dinner, and Sapporo when we eat Japanese. :doh: My dad drank Miller Light, MGD, and SouthPaw :barf: . So thats what i grew up with and hate it. Thats waht i expected this to taste like. It surprised me, it had a very strong taste that seemed to disappear and finsih very smooth, almost watery. It had no lingering aftertaste like some beer i've had. So over all not bad, but i still would prefer my rum over any beer any day of the week. Quality over quantity. But next time your out at walgreens, pick some up and let us know what you think, not bad for 3.82 with tax. :wink:

edit: dang dont know how this wound up in this section, please move t0 proper section, or flush, whichever is better
Pint, I HATE you!
Don't mind me, I'm just the village idiot.
Craft of Whisky Distilling. I like the pics.-
http://www.distilling.com/PDF/craftbook.pdf
kenfyoozed

Equipment type: Pot stiller

Re: Big Flats 1901

Postby Rebel_Yell » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:23 pm

Moved it for ya...
Your results may vary..
I would rather teach a pig to sing than argue with an Idiot.
Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad,
is a full minute of happiness you'll never get back.
Rebel_Yell

Re: Big Flats 1901

Postby msh » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:42 pm

The Colbert Report had a segment on this. He dranks some and said something like, "mmm, I'm not drunk enough to enjoy this". :roflmao:
msh

Equipment type: 6 gallon pot still
5 gallon plastic bucket
large spoon with handle that's too short.

Return to Tastings