• Advertisement

What's in a name....

This is for posting links to other forums where you are discussing stuff you would like to share with other members.

Re: What's in a name....

Postby rockchucker22 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Mine is a motorcycle nickname, you can guess why! :evil:
dancing on wire both ends are on fire
rockchucker22

Postby okie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:22 pm

mine is so frikkin obvious I shouldn't even post here. Born on an Indian reservation, I was. But I really don't remember. :D
Never Trust a Man That Doesn't Drink
okie

Postby Man » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:55 am

okie wrote:mine is so frikkin obvious I shouldn't even post here. Born on an Indian reservation, I was. But I really don't remember. :D

Fellow okie here & proud of it. Mine was my grandpas nickname, I believe he got it somewhere between 12 & 14 yrs old. I seen pictures of him and he looked like a full grown man.
I am, therefore I brew.
Man

Postby pintoshine » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Pint O' Shine was bestowed on me in the early eighties by a Biloxi MS distiller who made some of the best rum from a steel barrel I ever tasted. I was caught by his son, who was cleaning the side walks, at a hotel in Biloxi. He introduced me to his dad. Every time I passed through there I would holler at rummy on the CB radio and he would always as "Is that that pint o shine?" He was a good man.
Distill safe. Make good cuts. Enjoy yourself. Give as much as you take. Have fun doing this incredibly hard work. Be a good example. It's your hobby.
pintoshine

Equipment type: 58L 1.1 meter LM still.
110L Artisan Still Design Hybrid 4 plate with oil filled jacket.
20L copper pot

Postby olcarguy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Guess mine is sort of obvious as well. I like old cars, and there always seem to be some in my yard in some state of repair, it turned from a hobby into a business of sorts. Not enough to make me rich but enough to put food on the table. Would get people coming up to me saying "you that olcarguy" it kinda stuck.
I am "CANADIAN"
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible-
but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.
olcarguy

Equipment type: 6gal Milk can Pot still, 3gal thumper......

Postby Red Baron » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:53 am

When I was a very young fella, my Grandma lived next to an old guy named Theo. Theo had been a soldier in the Great War, and was there the day that the Red Baron met his end. As the great man flew low over the Australian trenches, Theo got an aimed shot off at him with his .303- and reckoned he hit him too. He told me the story of it when I was about 4 or 5. I wish now that i'd been older so I could remember more of it. It certainly impressed me in my (then) youth! Theo also taught me how to crack macadamia nuts in his vice, and Grandma gave me my first taste of home brewed grog in that house too- hence the connection.

I'm still amazed to this day that I have a one person removed, personal link to such a historic event that occurred 96 years ago.

Cheers,
RB.
Red Baron

Equipment type: 4800W PID controlled 2" Pot still so far......

Postby mgkbean » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:10 pm

i like the barter system. I'v gladley accepted cars wine services
a truck load of rabbits! just about anything for what i do.
way better than cash an taxes.1 hour of furnace fixin when
its 20 deg is worth a lot of rabbits.
mgkbean

Equipment type: 15gal keg,2"copper pot still head,propane heat

Previous

Return to Other Life Stuff