• Advertisement

Sugar in Seattle

If you need something maybe someone has found it already. Look here. If you know where supplies are in your area share your knowledge.

Sugar in Seattle

Postby acetate » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:43 pm

I have been buying sugar from Costco but would like to stop as I have been buying a lot. I know there are a lot of Puget Sounders on this forum. Anyone have a good supplier of 25 lbs sacks of sugar?
acetate

Re: Sugar in Seattle

Postby Bushman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Cash and Carry sometimes has good prices.
Bushman

Equipment type: I have a VM still with a 2" column and a keg for a boiler and a 4" CM still that runs on electric heat.

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Like you, Costco is my sugar source. We have so many Costos close that you should be able to move a round a bit, and by the time you came back to the first, they'd have forgotten you. We've got 6 or 7 of them in the area we move around in, not counting when we go to Portland.

Admittedly, I'm not a huge sugar user outside of rum season.
Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller http://www.kelleybarts.com/zymurgy-bob- ... e-spirits/

You can make whisky in a reflux still, you can make vodka in a potstill,
and you can eat chicken noodle soup with a crescent wrench. But...
Zymurgy Bob

Equipment type: 60L unpacked 20"x2", propane, with Liebig

Postby Stilly » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 am

Beekeepers use lots of sugar in the winter months to keep the bees happy and fed. Any one asks tell em so. I use to run several hundred colonies, we bought 50 pound sacks frequently.

cheers
stilly
Stilly

Equipment type: 2" copper pot still on 7 gal ss boiler

Postby Kapea » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:32 am

Zymurgy Bob wrote:Like you, Costco is my sugar source. We have so many Costos close that you should be able to move a round a bit, and by the time you came back to the first, they'd have forgotten you. We've got 6 or 7 of them in the area we move around in, not counting when we go to Portland.

Admittedly, I'm not a huge sugar user outside of rum season.

When you check out at Costco you give them your membership card. Think about that. :oops:
Kapea

Equipment type: 50mm x 1250mm copper & stainless VM column
50mm copper & stainless pot still
Modular multi-plate 4" bubbler

Postby acetate » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:52 am

My concern has been the membership card. I am less worried about workers and more concerned about tracking.

Thanks for the Cash n Carry suggestion. I'll stop by tomorrow and see what they got. I would even a pay a bit more to roll up and pay cash, with no membership cards involved.
acetate

Postby mort4 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:35 pm

I've hauled some big loads of sugar from the Cash and Carry in snoose junction without any odd looks. The prices are good too. I need about 350# going into winter, though, so I usually grab a bag or two each time I go into a store here on the island too. Nobody seems to notice.Won't be seeing the inside of a store till June now.
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
mort4

Equipment type: 2"x50" copper VM, with 8" dixiedrifter reflux coil and SD torpedo.
2" potstill head, 36" liebig product condenser. Propane fired. Three plate SD bubbler.
Member of Hobby Distillers Association

Postby acetate » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Stopped by Cash and Carry today. That is exactly what I needed. Thanks!
acetate

Return to Find Stuff