• Advertisement

Shipping spirit

If you need something maybe someone has found it already. Look here. If you know where supplies are in your area share your knowledge.

Shipping spirit

Postby Boomtown » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi folks,

While not very active in these blogs, I have great respect for you folks. We (Griffin Whiskey of PA) are just barely started on this journey and look forward to the advice and council you may offer.

We have recently been approached to ship product out of our state, and so established a relationship with FedEx. They have phrasing in their registration process that led us to believe this was a simple enough process... we ship form our licensed distiller to another location licensed to deal with spirits. FedEx rate for this seem to be pretty high, but the real problem is that the clerks in our local FedEx simply rejected our package. We are attempting to unravel the mystery of dealing with FedEx over the issues, but....FedEx is pretty opaque as a company.

Are there other options? A better option? We currently are shipping small quantities, 2 to 6 bottles per package. We need to find other options.

Anyone else dealing with this issue? If so, can you please offer us some advice?

Regards,

Boomtown
Boomtown

Re: Shipping spirit

Postby just sayin' » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:54 pm

Try DHL Express, they will delivery Scotch to your door from Scotland. They may be only international.
just sayin'

Re: Shipping spirit

Postby sasquatch » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:30 pm

Fed X employees will take stuff if they like it.
I have seen a stuffed turkey shot out east and was shipped to the west coast and the beard and claws were removed.

The post/mail is the most trusted.

These courier employees go through packages looking for illegal stuff to steal because they know it will not get reported to the police. Mostly cash and drugs. I remember reading years ago somewhere that someone sent small packages of money using Fed X to test their system of delivery.
Everyone of the packages didn't show up at the destination point.
sasquatch

Return to Find Stuff