• Advertisement

Travelling to California next month

Help your neighbors find thing. Look here and you may have the guidance to where you are going.

Travelling to California next month

Postby yurgle » Fri May 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi all

I am travelling with my wife and kids to California next month covering SF to Arcata to Sacramento to LA. Would love some ideas on distilleries to visit. I have Napa Craft Distillery, Alchemy Distillery and Seven Stills in my sights. Beyond that - help? Thanks!

Ps - also breweries that are a must try while in Cali!
yurgle

Re: Travelling to California next month

Postby okie » Thu May 19, 2016 9:14 am

Lots of breweries and they are in almost every city. Good Luck and enjoy this great state.
Never Trust a Man That Doesn't Drink
okie

Postby zedzedtop » Thu May 19, 2016 11:26 am

Magnolia makes fantastic English-style ales if you're in SF. Like Drakes in San Leandro but haven't been in awhile.

Apparently Anchor is opening up their distillery to visits. Not sure if that's happened yet. Not a fan of the spirit but it's been awhile. Maybe better now. Haven't been to too may distilleries as I've not found any that make an aged spirit that I like. St. George has a spacious facility in Alameda. Haven't been since the distillers' conference was there many moons ago. They did have a solid blanco agave spirit. Spirit Works in Sebastopol has a state of the art-ish thing going equipment-wise. They had close to zero technical knowledge at the time I visited soon after their opening. People seem to like them however. The vodka had so much diacetyl it was pretty much a rum. Charbay and Germain-Robin have been around the longest probably. Osocalis has been there for awhile too.
'Bubble cap plates are better for batch distillation than perforated plates' - Benjamin Franklin

Fortune cookie: Your whole family are well
zedzedtop

Equipment type: 25G pot, gas or 4500w
pot head or 4'' 3plate bubbler, cm

Postby yurgle » Mon May 30, 2016 5:09 am

Cheers @okie and @zedzedtop. Some great advice
yurgle

Return to Find Places