• Advertisement

New guy saying Hello!!!

If you are just getting started then you can ask questions here. We wish that you have done a little homework. Here is a link to some basic information.
http://www.artisan-distiller.net/presen ... Guide.html
Forum rules
All new users are confined to this section. In order to be promoted out of the Novice and into the regular Distiller, you have to demonstrate maturity, a certain level of distilling and fermenting knowledge. You must also prove that you are helpful to others and not have a propensity toward bad attitude.
You will be promoted out of this section once the demonstration is complete. I hope these goals are enough to allow you to grow out of the Novice Distillers.
If any of your first twenty-five posts is a link to another site or an advertisement of any kind you will be considered a spammer. The account will be deleted and all posts removed. Your IP address, e-mail address and user name will reported to http://www.StopForumSpam.com

New guy saying Hello!!!

Postby lusiphur134 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:58 am

Hi everyone. I'm new on the site and this is where we newbies start so thought I'd say hi. I've been lurking for about 9 months and started having questions so figured it was time to make an account.

Myself and a friend have been home distilling for about 9 months. We've read through HD.org and a variety of other sources.
We made our own offset head column still and have successfully made a handful of different runs. Some brandy from wine and wine musk, sugar wash vodkas, molasses rums. All with varying degrees of tastefulness :roll:

We've been looking at growing bigger and doing more and look forward to any knowledge and experience you guys can impart upon us. And hopefully we can share our experiences and help someone out too :)
lusiphur134

Re: New guy saying Hello!!!

Postby Pikey » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:56 am

Morning lusiphur, - made an offset did ya ? :8)

Welcome in - see you on the floor :)
Pikey

Postby Pa_bon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Welcome
Overhead the albatross
Hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves
An echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine

Pink Floyd
Pa_bon

Postby lusiphur134 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:59 am

Thanks guys. Made an offset because we wanted a reflux and deemed it the easiest with our tools and skills we already had.

Have a 7 gallon pot with 1.5in copper column. And propane turkey fryer or induction plate for heat.
lusiphur134

Postby Hilltop » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:51 pm

New here myself,welcome to the forum
Hilltop

Return to Just Getting Started