• Advertisement

what to build

If you are just getting started then you can ask questions here. We wish that you have done a little homework. Here is a link to some basic information.
http://www.artisan-distiller.net/presen ... Guide.html
Forum rules
All new users are confined to this section. In order to be promoted out of the Novice and into the regular Distiller, you have to demonstrate maturity, a certain level of distilling and fermenting knowledge. You must also prove that you are helpful to others and not have a propensity toward bad attitude.
You will be promoted out of this section once the demonstration is complete. I hope these goals are enough to allow you to grow out of the Novice Distillers.
If any of your first twenty-five posts is a link to another site or an advertisement of any kind you will be considered a spammer. The account will be deleted and all posts removed. Your IP address, e-mail address and user name will reported to http://www.StopForumSpam.com

what to build

Postby kekedog13 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Where did I see a breakdown of all the different types of stills with their pros and con, like difficulty to build and run?
Yahoo Mountain Dew! It'll tickle you're innards!
kekedog13

Equipment type: 7 gal. keg, thumper, and worm.

Re: what to build

Postby crashjp » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:41 pm

Start with a pot still, easy to run gives you lots of hands on learning as you grow your knowledge, better to start with a 15 gal because anything less you will want to upgrade to quick. wish i had done that to begin with.
crashjp

Postby kekedog13 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:36 am

Already using a 7 gallon pot and thumper, with great results (posted in here ). Am ready to upgrade. Just got a 15 .5 gal. keg to increase yield and eliminate the need for flour dough for sealing. Really want to get away from making flour dough to seal pot and thumper every time. Am making whiskey and neutral for infusions and such.I want an easy build and not too complicated to run unit. Packed column , bokabob ,or off set head , really like the simplicity of the Mile Hi unit with the external condenser, easy to run and clean but might be hard to build. All can be de-tuned for flavored spirits. Just have a hard time deciding.I think plated columns and dephlegmaters are out of the question. Something in a two inch for sure.I made a parrot ( posted in here) ,not too bad for my first attempt st soldering.

kekedog13

Yahoo Mountain Dew! It'll tickle you're innards!
kekedog13

Equipment type: 7 gal. keg, thumper, and worm.

Postby ZeroGee » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Keke - set up your PM. I have some things for you to look through.
Age, in and of itself, does not confer wisdom.
Instead, it provides a list of mistakes you hope, profoundly, never to repeat.
ZeroGee

Equipment type: Stone & Nixon all copper 2" offset valve-head reflux column with a 58.7L SS electric boiler.

Return to Just Getting Started