• Advertisement

Solution to kinked hose for worm box

These are various style condensers for many different applications.

Solution to kinked hose for worm box

Postby Greasydog26 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Ok Guys I have been fighting my worm box since my still was born. I bought the cheap plastic tubing that seems to kink rather easily if left in the same postion for a very long time. This delima has caused me times of worry and panic watching my worm box to make sure that it doesn't overflow and contaminate my product coming from the worm. Well I have an easy solution to fix those hoses. THROW THEM IN THE CLOTHES DRYER for about 10 minutes. They will come out as flacid as a wet noodle and will slide easily onto your worm box. I would say that boiling water would do the same thing but haven't tried it as of yet. Well hope this info helps somebody out there.

Greasydog
Greasydog26

Re: Solution to kinked hose for worm box

Postby lucky45acp » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:26 pm

WORM COIL__. There are 2 things you can do to make a perfect copper coil for your condenser. You can get an approximent length of (SOFT) copper tubing and fill it with sand so you can bend it .Or (if you have a chest freezer) fill your tubing with water,cap both ends,and freeze it. When you go to bend it ,you will not have any problems. I used the sand method.
lucky45acp

Equipment type: Small,but very eficiant. 2 gallons per run (5 gallons)

Re: Solution to kinked hose for worm box

Postby JaCh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:48 pm

You can just fill with water and crimp the ends. (don't need to freeze if you crimp well)
Saves the effort of getting salt/sand in/out! :D
JaCh

Return to Condensers