• Advertisement

Cornfed 2

These are boilers with half columns, bubble, sieve or any other plates. These stills may make a particular type of spirits. Please feel free to discuss the benefits and features of these beautiful machines and their inventive builders.

Re: Cornfed 2

Postby rockchucker22 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Great work, I need to pm you!
dancing on wire both ends are on fire
rockchucker22

Postby BigPa » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Well Y'all have seen pics, now on to how she runs.

After cleaning an all, I have made 3 runs. The first was a spirit run with 30% UJ low wines. I was able to run at 91% at 4+ L an hour rate.

The next 2 runs were normal UJ washes. Both runs were nearly identical. I was able to run 90% at just over 3L per hour. I am really like this new setup.

She runs like a striped ass ape, but when tails get ready to start she just nearly shuts plum down. I love it....
BigPa

Equipment type: http://www.rbscontrols.com/index.html

Postby acfixer69 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:43 pm

BigPa wrote:Well Y'all have seen pics, now on to how she runs.

After cleaning an all, I have made 3 runs. The first was a spirit run with 30% UJ low wines. I was able to run at 91% at 4+ L an hour rate.

The next 2 runs were normal UJ washes. Both runs were nearly identical. I was able to run 90% at just over 3L per hour. I am really like this new setup.

She runs like a striped ass ape, but when tails get ready to start she just nearly shuts plum down. I love it....

Congrags Pa
I run my 3 plate and Im getting almost the same results with UJ. I get not as good as you but a solid 88 ABV at a rate of 3L pet 40 mins if slow down to 3L per hour we would be very close.
Sounds like a winner to me :D

AC
My 4" column build
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=4800
acfixer69

Equipment type: Small pot still
4" modular bubble plate
15.5 gal keg with 2 45Kw elements /50 amp phase angle controller

Postby BigPa » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:09 pm

acfixer69 wrote:
BigPa wrote:Well Y'all have seen pics, now on to how she runs.

Congrags Pa
I run my 3 plate and Im getting almost the same results with UJ. I get not as good as you but a solid 88 ABV at a rate of 3L pet 40 mins if slow down to 3L per hour we would be very close.
Sounds like a winner to me :D

AC

:beer:
BigPa

Equipment type: http://www.rbscontrols.com/index.html

Postby Cedar Grove » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:17 pm

How's the Flavor coming off that Setup? I'm trying for additional Separation on my Setup, without
losing all of the Flavors. I'm making Whiskey. Maybe a dumb Question, but could a Thumper filled with fresh Wash add Flavor
is placed after this Column? I'm running a 40" Tall 3" packed Column now on a 15.5 gal boiler.

I have thought about the next Step being a 5" Diameter column, and reducing to 3" at the Top and then going down to 3/4" going into the Thumper. If the 5" is too big, save that Column for Stripping, and use the existing 3" Column for running with the Thumper.
Cedar Grove
Cedar Grove

Equipment type: 15.5 Gallon Keg Boiler, 3" Diameter 40" Tall Column, Stainless Shell and Tube Condenser

Previous

Return to Tray Columns (Bubble, Sieve, etc...)