• Advertisement

What are you drinking?

Please share your favorites that you cook with your spirits or commercial stuff. We love alcohol flavored food.

Re: What are you drinking?

Postby Copperhead road » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:52 pm

:8)
S-Cackalacky wrote:And, keep in mind that you did it without a barrel - it can be done and done well.
my pet is a CCSC copper flute, I feed it corn and it pisses likker like a pony....
Copperhead road

Postby just sayin' » Tue May 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Last June's Nocino, way too much sugar, but getting very interesting. A little under two months until the walnuts will be at the right stage to harvest for this year's batch.
just sayin'

Postby S-Cackalacky » Wed May 02, 2018 6:37 am

just sayin' wrote:Last June's Nocino, way too much sugar, but getting very interesting. A little under two months until the walnuts will be at the right stage to harvest for this year's batch.

I've yet to make this. Last season's walnuts are still in the freezer. I wonder how it would be to just do a straight up maceration and add some simple syrup as a mixer?
S-Cackalacky

Postby just sayin' » Wed May 02, 2018 3:02 pm

It should work fine. I macerated the nuts, drained and added sugar to the nuts to draw out flavor and alcohol, like peach panty dropper. I added back too much of the resulting syrup for my taste. I will use much less this year. I will freeze nuts this year too. I was a little disappointed at Christmas, but time is working its magic. I hope to make enough to age part of it two or three years, when it is supposed to be a thing of wonder.
just sayin'

Postby punkin » Wed May 02, 2018 3:52 pm

It's nice with no sugar. Search Proven Recipes for Grunne Nuice by pint o shine.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby S-Cackalacky » Wed May 02, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks Just Sayin' and Punkin. Looking forward to trying it at some point.
S-Cackalacky

Postby just sayin' » Wed May 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Good point, Punkin. I like to avoid sugar where ever I can. Thanks! It is interesting stuff!
just sayin'

Postby Pikey » Tue May 08, 2018 4:52 pm

I just found a half a bottle of "White" and hadn't a clue, so I'm suppin' it as I type.

It has promise ! - But at the same time "It's over" !

Only thing I can think it is - is from one of my first washes. - Sour MAsh that is !

From before I discovered information on t'interweb. So I did know to remove the first few ml of "Fores" - but not enough to try "Cuts" - so although I collected in jars, they all got mixed back together at the end.

And although I built a "Reflux still" from a drawing, I never did understand how putting some of the distillate back into the column, could increae the abv :roflmao: - I never did open that valve ! It was run as a simple pot.

Bear in mind at that time too - I was trying to run my pot by temperture control - although I soon "twigged" that one !

So here I sit sipping on this trophy from the "Old days", which goes cloudy when I mix it with "Soda" and reflecting on a journey which in some ways has gone full circle. Now I am very keen to do a "Sour-mash" again and make some cuts (Maybe not as deep as some would) - then oak and flavour it - see what I can come up with :D

FAct is though, I'm enjoying it ! with all it's bites and "Notes" and cloudiness. Maybe it's the taste, maybe it's the reminiscing - don't know or much care. Stepping outside for a "Fag" now. :8) Back soon.
Pikey

Postby Copperhead road » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:57 am

My Grappa made from black grapes.....60% abv :roflmao:

After a couple of months resting it has turned out extremely Smooth and has a good sweet smell of fresh grapes on the nose. :wink:

All round pretty happy with this as a white brandy, I put the majority on medium toasted APJohns Hungarian Oak and will taste test that stuff in 6 months. :screwy:
Attachments
3326FBBE-8983-4D57-96A6-56DCF4CBC4DC.jpeg
my pet is a CCSC copper flute, I feed it corn and it pisses likker like a pony....
Copperhead road

Postby Copperhead road » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:13 am

Delicious..... :rkn:
Attachments
0DE4C43D-DB25-4985-B239-74A64E93B2E5.jpeg
Copperhead road

Postby Copperhead road » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:36 pm

A mate sent me a bottle of this, I appreciate the thought but fark me ”It’s Nasty” :obscene-moneypiss:
I am not a Rum drinker but so far @SBB all molasses rum is leaps n bounds above any store bought stuff I have tasted.
Salty. :rkn:
Attachments
335524FC-3D79-4516-A63C-2EFACE392F0C.jpeg
Copperhead road

Postby Kareltje » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Ran a Triticum turanicum (khorasan or Kamut(r) ) with a thumper today. Malted the grain, brewed it with the same amount of flour and added about the same amount of sugar in the form of sugar. (2 kg of grain + 1.5 kg of sugar).

Drinking a distillate of rum-feints with a drop of Sprite. Good enough.

Funny enough: when I drink the same amount of alcohol disguised as wine it makes me feel more drunk.
Kareltje

Postby Copperhead road » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:14 am

I grabbed a bottle of Pikesville today, if Rye is your thing this is not a bad drop!
Attachments
7764895C-170E-4632-9490-318CEB6D83EB.jpeg
Copperhead road

Previous

Return to Food