• Advertisement

catch of the day! wild pigs and what to do with them

Please share your favorites that you cook with your spirits or commercial stuff. We love alcohol flavored food.

Re: catch of the day! wild pigs and what to do with them

Postby pintoshine » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:11 pm

I wish I had time. There are wild pigs in a park adjacent to my property and they say open season. Got one once in Florida on a pike. Ferocious animals. Put me on my back quick.
Was real good eating fresh liver though. Nothing better than fresh raw pig liver.
Distill safe. Make good cuts. Enjoy yourself. Give as much as you take. Have fun doing this incredibly hard work. Be a good example. It's your hobby.
pintoshine

Equipment type: 58L 1.1 meter LM still.
110L Artisan Still Design Hybrid 4 plate with oil filled jacket.
20L copper pot

Postby apsynt » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:07 am

Hog liver? I left all the offal for the vultures, damn! How do you prepare it? I'll try to bag a few next week again
apsynt

Equipment type: 65mm LM/stripping/potstill combo on 50L stainless keg. 4L all copper kitchen pot...may they rest in peace

Postby Mangamahu Moonshine » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:25 am

whole? hangi or asado. i'd say do a few whole then butcher a few as well, make some bacon, some sausage, ferment some, cold smoke some. give what you don't want away. and after butchering, smoke the bones over a cold smoker then make a boilup.
There is no failure, only an increasing gradient in the learning curve. Nothing worth doing comes easy.

Never trust a man who doesn't drink booze or eat pork.
Mangamahu Moonshine

Postby halfbaked » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:22 pm

MMMMM Fried hog liver and onions. Maybe a little gravy on it or not. GOTTA do (I know thread is old and pigs are gone) some link suasages and peperonis etc etc etc with hog casings. Cut it up and can some and salt cure part and sugar cure the rest of the hams. I wish i had the problem of what to do with them.
halfbaked

Previous

Return to Food