• Advertisement

CharGriller Deluxe Offset smoker

Please share your favorites that you cook with your spirits or commercial stuff. We love alcohol flavored food.

Re: CharGriller Deluxe Offset smoker

Postby Tracker » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Mud wrote:That's probably the best description of bad chicken ever written. Its a dubious honor but you've won it.

bloody favouritism, how come punkin always wins everything. :evil:

None of us ever get a look-in

Cheers.
Tracker

Equipment type: 50 litre keg, SD 2" to 4" torpedo with 2 bubble plates, Dephlegmator, Pot still arm, copper SPP and condenser.(Tracker Stacker Flavour Packer)
Various pot still/thumper configurations.
Bok 2" slant plate for neutral and cleaning up mistakes.

Postby Mud » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:20 am

I searched your posts for a description of bad chicken. Nothing. How can you win if you don't compete?
Specialization is for Kiwi.
Artisan Distilling Book
Mud

Equipment type: Keg based pot - sometimes propane powered but mostly electric

Postby punkin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks mate. I'll put the trophy in my Medal Room or maybe the Trophy Hall when it arrives cause i know it won't be suitable for the Awards Library.

Don't mind the knockers, i've always had to deal with those plebs showing Tall Poppy Syndrome, i just keep shining on. :D

You wouldn't believe it but i was wearing a gong down the pub one night and this guy started whinging that he'd never got a medal for anything. It went on long enough that the barmaid made him a broach for 'Most In Proportion' saying the length of his legs were quite suited to the length of his body. :|

SeemedToMakeHimHappyPunkin

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Tracker » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:45 am

:ranting: I searched too and there was no mention of any competition until the winner was announced.
Hardly seems fair at all.

Cheers.
Tracker

Equipment type: 50 litre keg, SD 2" to 4" torpedo with 2 bubble plates, Dephlegmator, Pot still arm, copper SPP and condenser.(Tracker Stacker Flavour Packer)
Various pot still/thumper configurations.
Bok 2" slant plate for neutral and cleaning up mistakes.

Postby punkin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:34 pm

I want to do a fattie on Satddie when the Beef ribs are on RY. Is there a specific reason why you recommend dodging the bacon weave mate?

I have a stack of Cumberland sausages that are pretty peppery and too herby, i think they'll be good for the fattie, 100% pork mince. I may get some supermarket sausage mince (the cardboard and glue stuff like hot dog mince) and mix in with it to get that meatloaf texture that i loved as a kid.

Do you stuff your fatties? Is there a paticular recipe or method you guys who do em regularly would point me to? :rkn:

You wouldn't credit it, i bought a 36 hole ABT holder, last week you couldn't buy a jalapeno anywhere in town. This week i found 4.

Fucking four abt's. :x

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:47 am

punkin wrote:I want to do a fattie on Satddie when the Beef ribs are on RY. Is there a specific reason why you recommend dodging the bacon weave mate?

In reply, when a dornblusty winks a woonie on the OST, bran freens a putput and I concur.

(C'mon, Punkin, yer just screwing with us, yes?)
Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller http://www.kelleybarts.com/zymurgy-bob- ... e-spirits/

You can make whisky in a reflux still, you can make vodka in a potstill,
and you can eat chicken noodle soup with a crescent wrench. But...
Zymurgy Bob

Equipment type: 60L unpacked 20"x2", propane, with Liebig

Postby punkin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:54 am

want to do a fattie on Satddie when the Beef ribs are on RY. Is there a specific reason why you recommend dodging the bacon weave mate?

Sorry mate. Translated from Straylian = I want to cook a rolled mince roast on Saturday at the same time i am cooking some cow cartilage, Rebel Yell. Do you avoid the bacon for a particular reason other than it will clog your arteries? Or is it like it will give the horrible texture i hated with the chicken?

punkin

Postby Rebel_Yell » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:28 am

It's a texture thing. We like crisp bacon. If you cook until the bacon is crisp, you tend to have overdone insides. Particularly when stuffing with cheese. I tend to open the fridge and see what is available for when I stuff. Peppers and cheese tend to lead. I also make a regular meat loaf for the smoker. Sometimes needs a small strip of foil to keep it topside for the first bit. The bare naked fatty is the US version of breakfast sausage that comes in a 1 pound tube. Just squeeze it out and add your favorite rub.
Your results may vary..
I would rather teach a pig to sing than argue with an Idiot.
Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad,
is a full minute of happiness you'll never get back.
Rebel_Yell

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:19 am

punkin wrote:
want to do a fattie on Satddie when the Beef ribs are on RY. Is there a specific reason why you recommend dodging the bacon weave mate?

Sorry mate. Translated from Straylian = I want to cook a rolled mince roast on Saturday at the same time i am cooking some cow cartilage, Rebel Yell. Do you avoid the bacon for a particular reason other than it will clog your arteries? Or is it like it will give the horrible texture i hated with the chicken?

Thanks, Punkin. I have now begun the journey of enlightenment. :roflmao:
Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller http://www.kelleybarts.com/zymurgy-bob- ... e-spirits/

Zymurgy Bob

Postby punkin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Ok thanks mate. She's turning her nose up at bacon, so i'll do it anyway. If it's no good the neighbours dog will love the bacon bit.

Good for you Bob. If only i could understand what your rappers were on about, and most important why they are raving on about that shit we'll both be a step further.

There'sSoManyThingsIDon'tWantToKnowPunkin

punkin

Postby punkin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:28 pm

7.30am and ready to light the BBQ chimney now.

Beef ribs in rub, Nekkid fattie stuffed with ham and pineapple (her idea), four lonely abt's and corn on the cob, stripped back and spread with butter, sprinkled with sczechuan salt.

bbqbeefribs1.jpg

bbqabts1.jpg

punkin

Postby Mud » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Looks good. I love these threads even though I have nothing to contribute usually.

Have you ever roasted corn in a coal bed? You soak it in salt water for a half hour or so and when the fire dies you toss em in the coals. Once the husks start to burn through they're done.

Works best when on the cob. Canned not so much.
Specialization is for Kiwi.
Artisan Distilling Book
Mud

Equipment type: Keg based pot - sometimes propane powered but mostly electric

Postby Rebel_Yell » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:49 pm

Good looking start to some great grub. Ham and pineapple would be worth a try at my house.

Next time try injecting, with a seasoning injection needle, a mixture of warm butter and seasonings under the corn husks in a couple of places. When done, cut the husk off from the base and squeeze the corn out. Most of the silks will stay with the husks.

Mud's way of cooking corn is fun when you have young kids involved.

You can wrap onions in foil and smoke peppers too besides the atomic mice/ atomic buffalo turds.
Your results may vary..
I would rather teach a pig to sing than argue with an Idiot.
Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad,
is a full minute of happiness you'll never get back.
Rebel_Yell

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:34 pm

punkin wrote:Good for you Bob. If only i could understand what your rappers were on about, and most important why they are raving on about that shit we'll both be a step further.

There'sSoManyThingsIDon'tWantToKnowPunkin

If you figure rap out, let me know. Damned if it means anything to me.

Zymurgy Bob

Postby punkin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks guys. Do you mean the kids love it when you chuck cans of corn in the fire? :roflmao:

Glad i didn't do the corn your way RY, first one had a green grub on the end of it under the husk and the second had a slimy bit where the tassles had rotted. Both then needed trimming.

The ribs came up a treat as did the fattie.

I shared my 4 abt's with three people two of whom told me after they'd eaten half of it that they didn't go much on hot food and wasted the other half. :evil:

pic's or it didn't happen section;

bbqfattieandcorn.jpg

Into the foil after three hours

bbqbeefribs3.jpg

Coming off the grill...

bbqbeefribs2.jpg

I found the smoker incredibly easeir to drive this time round. I lit only a half chimney of brickettes, waited till these died down and then tossed them onto the charcoal.
I used large lumps of melaluca for smoking and the flavour was great.

punkin

PreviousNext

Return to Food