• Advertisement

smokehouses, and recipes

Please share your favorites that you cook with your spirits or commercial stuff. We love alcohol flavored food.

Re: smokehouses, and recipes

Postby bobrun4172 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:10 pm

thanks punkin. i had forgot about those, and would be a good way to do it. thanks for reminding me. i see people using pellets, and it seems to last awhile, but i dont have any experience with the smoke generator or the pellets. is that what most folks are using on that process?
bobrun4172

Equipment type: super fast milli distillery

Postby zedzedtop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Going to hot smoke some pork spare ribs on Saturday. Thinking of switching things up and using a different rub than I normally do. $3/lb and I think two racks came in at 6lbs.
'Bubble cap plates are better for batch distillation than perforated plates' - Benjamin Franklin

Fortune cookie: Your whole family are well
zedzedtop

Equipment type: 25G pot, gas or 4500w
pot head or 4'' 3plate bubbler, cm

Postby punkin » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:10 pm

There's a really good thread here on cold smoke generators.

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby bobrun4172 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:21 pm

ok will do thanks.
bobrun4172

Postby bobrun4172 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:09 pm

i seen some threads on this, and turns out i have most of prariepiss parts he used to make his. the 10 inch stainless pipe with the pipe fittings using a venturie, and a pump. however on the design he mentioned using a better pump than the aquarium pump because of too little airflow, and not wanting to use his air compressor. my question is whats the best pump for airflow. i thought of the air mattress pump maybe. i didnt see were he reposted on the pump he settled with.
i could do some more digging around, but if anyone has found a good air pump/ airflow ratio please let me know.....thanks again.
bobrun4172

Postby punkin » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:40 pm

You only need a small pump if the design is good as you don't need a lot of smoke. More important i think is some kind of control on the air intake below the fuel so you can retard the rate of combustion.

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby punkin » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:53 pm

punkin

Postby bobrun4172 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:31 pm

thanks punkin. before you posted i was checking out some commercial designs, and smoke daddy was one of them, and from your post i see the guy trying it, and like you said about regulating the air intake was his issue with it. i will do some more digging around, and see some other designs, and reviews. i will have to hit the scrap yard because i thought i had some stainless pipe around, but it seems i dont. i have a old fire extinguisher that would have been nice to use, but stainless seems the way to go. i dont see why regular steel couldnt be used as long as it wasnt galvanized. anyway thanks again for the help.
bobrun4172

Previous

Return to Food