• Advertisement

Pulled Pork

Please share your favorites that you cook with your spirits or commercial stuff. We love alcohol flavored food.

Re: Pulled Pork

Postby punkin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:00 pm

Like everything else meat has slowly risen in price. Each category (except poultry) had it's own shortage during our last ten or fifteen years of drought and seemed to double in price before dropping back half of what it had climbed.

The lesser cuts became trendy and where i used to buy ribs for dog bones at $0.50 a shopping bag full and give them to my swedish girlfriend to cook under the grill they are now $18.99 a kilo for 'american style ribs, which are not US style at all but have all the meat except the meat between the bones removed.
How we used to buy lamb shanks actually for the dog at $0.50c each now they also have become trendy and sell anywhere from $13-$24 a kilo.

I don't do jerky anymore but when i was i was buying whole cap off topsides from the distributor at $6 a kilo or less up till maybe 3 years ago.
A mate asked me to make him some the other day and i rang the distributor who said it had risen to $11 a kilo and that was mates rates.

I don't mind paying money for good food, and everyone in the chain has to make a living including the growers. We get most of our pork from the grower, it's neither free range nor organic, but it's heritage bred and i know where it's grown and get to cut it up how i want. Same with lambs and i eat that little beef or seafood that it doesn't matter. Chicken i buy from the factory outlet at the abattoir here in town.

link to an organic butcher below if you want to see the prices for that;
http://www.freerangebutcher.com.au/

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby punkin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:03 pm

A McMountain of pork.

bbq9.jpg

Identified Shit Stirrer, upgraded to sociopath.

To the fashionable nationalists

http://www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia and New Zealand
punkin

Postby Pa_bon » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:40 pm

Looks mighty good Punkin.

Don't buy much meat here either, besides chicken that the old lady buys from some free range outfit. We eat what we kill or grow. Prices are ridiculous.
Overhead the albatross
Hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves
An echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine

Pink Floyd
Pa_bon

Postby just sayin' » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:39 pm

Damn,Punkin! Your mountain of pulled pork looks truly mouth watering good! I like the idea of vac-packing so pulled pork can be "fast and easy food"!
just sayin'

Previous

Return to Food