• Advertisement

Oak Barrels

If you are putting something to distill, drink or eat that you don't know where to put it, then put it here. Let us help you decide.

Oak Barrels

Postby acetate » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:39 am

Looking to get another barrel and stumbled across this site. Wondering if anyone has ordered from them. $130 for a 5 gallon chared barrel delivered seems like a pretty good price.
acetate

Re: Oak Barrels

Postby zedzedtop » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 am

Seem similar to the Mexican barrels.
'Bubble cap plates are better for batch distillation than perforated plates' - Benjamin Franklin

Fortune cookie: Your whole family are well
zedzedtop

Equipment type: 25G pot, gas or 4500w
pot head or 4'' 3plate bubbler, cm

Postby Bushman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 am

I purchased similar barrels and with similar prices a couple years ago out of Texas but can't add the link at this time as I don't have it on hand with the iPad.
Bushman

Equipment type: I have a VM still with a 2" column and a keg for a boiler and a 4" CM still that runs on electric heat.

Postby glassman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 am

i got a gibbs bros. 10 gallon for xmass. ~ $175..gman
glassman

Postby acetate » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 am

Thanks guys.

Bushman,
Any issues with the barrels?

Gman,
I like the Gibbs barrels but the price with shipping is almost 50% more ($190). Trying to figure out if it is worth 50% extra.
acetate

Postby ZeroGee » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:58 am

acetate wrote:Looking to get another barrel and stumbled across this site. Wondering if anyone has ordered from them. $130 for a 5 gallon chared barrel delivered seems like a pretty good price.
These guys are out of West Virginia, so I doubt they're connected to Texas or Mexico. They seem a bit pricey for the hobby market. For that price I can get a keg with a 4" flange and two 1-inch NPT short couplings welded in place. And change...
Age, in and of itself, does not confer wisdom.
Instead, it provides a list of mistakes you hope, profoundly, never to repeat.
ZeroGee

Equipment type: Stone & Nixon all copper 2" offset valve-head LM reflux column with a 60L SS electric boiler.

Postby Bushman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:41 am

acetate wrote:Thanks guys.

Bushman,
Any issues with the barrels?

Gman,
I like the Gibbs barrels but the price with shipping is almost 50% more ($190). Trying to figure out if it is worth 50% extra.

Not really after several uses one of the barrels spigots has a small drip maybe 3 times a day so I have to fix that but they have almost run their course.
Bushman

Equipment type: I have a VM still with a 2" column and a keg for a boiler and a 4" CM still that runs on electric heat.

Return to Miscellaneous