• Advertisement

Just back from the USA!

If you are putting something to distill, drink or eat that you don't know where to put it, then put it here. Let us help you decide.

Just back from the USA!

Postby Fifer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Spent 3 fantastic weeks in sunny Florida, and during my time there managed to lay my hands on some 'Ole Smokey - White Lightnin' at Wallmart of all places.

Coming from Scotland, I've never had the opportunity to taste real moonshine, so this was a treat for me. $24 for a 750ml jar, and well worth every penny.

I know their white lightnin is different from their corn whiskey, but still didn't quite know what to expect taste wise - so was pleasantly surprised when it tasted pretty much exactly the same as my sugar wash. The jar was finished in less than a week, and I brought the empty jar home with me as a souvenir.

I know there are dozens of 'white lightning' moonshines out there in the States - so can't say whether the Ole Smokey is good bad or indifferent in comparison with the competition - but I liked it!.

Thanks guys - you've made an old'ish man very happy :)
Roll on my next vacation to the USA :)
Fifer

Re: Just back from the USA!

Postby acfixer69 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Interesting
I never seen or heard of a walmart selling liqueur. Florida would be news to me but I haven't been there for a few years.

AC
My 4" column build
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=4800
acfixer69

Equipment type: Small pot still
4" modular bubble plate
15.5 gal keg with 2 45Kw elements /50 amp phase angle controller

Re: Just back from the USA!

Postby dad300 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:02 pm

I have been to WallyWorlds with liqueur. Missouri and I think Oklahoma...

A few month's ago I was in a nice restaurant bar that had a bottle of Juniors Moonshine on the shelf. I asked for a shot and the barmaid put it down and disappeared. It was crap... It was heads, tails and no noticeable cuts at all.

When she returned I must have looked disgusted. She said, "Don't worry, I never charge anyone for that shit!"
dad300

Equipment type: CCVM any size...

Return to Miscellaneous