• Advertisement

Corn Meal Wheat Germ Combo

If you are putting something to distill, drink or eat that you don't know where to put it, then put it here. Let us help you decide.

Re: Corn Meal Wheat Germ Combo

Postby pintoshine » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:20 pm

I have never mixed the two during a fermentation. I have mixed wheat germ low wines and UJSM low wines. Same result as you report. Short mountain is getting similar results addin wheat mids to a UJSM style fermentation. I am not that fond of it.
Distill safe. Make good cuts. Enjoy yourself. Give as much as you take. Have fun doing this incredibly hard work. Be a good example. It's your hobby.
pintoshine

Equipment type: 58L 1.1 meter LM still.
110L Artisan Still Design Hybrid 4 plate with oil filled jacket.
20L copper pot

Postby pintoshine » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:34 pm

The wheat germ by itself is good though. Different but good. I have had it described by professional taster like a doughnut in a bottle.
Distill safe. Make good cuts. Enjoy yourself. Give as much as you take. Have fun doing this incredibly hard work. Be a good example. It's your hobby.
pintoshine

20L copper pot

Postby pintoshine » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:20 pm

corn meal almost always has a lacto fermentation along with the yeast fermentation. I suspect lactic acid and wheat germ clash.
pintoshine

20L copper pot

Return to Miscellaneous